Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: October ON

My News gets hand delivered by an old guy riding an R26, so it's always a little late.

...my American Bonanza Society Society mag...jaherbst
    But the Beechcraft guys can afford those wrappers...
    Last edited by rinty; 10-10-2011 at 03:35 PM.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Mine arrived about Oct 6th in perfect condition in spite of crossing the border.
    Walter

All government, of course, is against liberty.
    H. L. Mencken

I've not received one in I believe 2-3 months now. I've been grabbing them as they show up at my dealer. You just reminded me to contact the circulation department again.

Really, does the MOA have any recourse when the USPS (that is screaming and crying and pleading to keep it's job it would seem...) does this apparently on a regular basis???

Pretty much folded spindled and mutilated.....
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

Last month's arrived in "better" condition. Better being relative of course....

'01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Looks very similar to the MOA ON's I've recieved the last 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi View Post
    To repeat the point:

If you haven't received your ON by the 10th of the month, CALL the club office and they will send you one by first class post.

(636)394-7277

If your ON is mangled, talk to your Post Office. They weren't that way when they went into the mail and most members receive them damage free.
    My ON never comes by the 10th of the month. It's more like the 15th. I could call, but then the club would be sending me two copies every month, which is a complete waste. I just know mine comes aroung the 15th, and I'm OK with that.

As far as damage is concerned, mine comes damaged from time to time. Other magazines never come damaged, so I'm inclined to believe it's not happening at the local post office. I'm more inclined to believe the damage is occuring at the post office where they are dropped off rather than the local offices, since the damage seems not to be localized to one area. But, I'm just guessing here.
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

My Roundel arrives in a plastic wrapper every month in pristine condition. My Model Aviation (a like-bound, similarly papered and sized monthly) arrives every month and I don't remember the last one that arrived in poor condition. It certainly doesn't happen month after month.
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

two weeks ago i got my Oct. issue and it was all beat up. yesterday i got my Sept issue wrapped in plastic with my MOA renewal in perfect condition. now why do you suppose i got Oct. prior to getting Sept. if anyone still has the Sept. issue take a look on page 2 or 3 at the Max BMW ad. the middle bike in that ad is mine, or it was mine before i traded it in on my new F650GS.

harryt11
    There should be a way to "opt out" of mail delivery. You can read it online now, which is what I usually do, since mine arrives around the 7th or 8th. Arrival used to be a big deal if you were a flea market shopper, but that has changed since there are so many online markets now.

On a different issue, I think it is time to change the Join the MOA two page ad. The current set of photos has been running at least 3 years. I am sure there are some more current ones floating around. Just don't use any of me, we wouldn't want to scare anyone off.

Mine arrived the 11th and they always look like I'm the 20th person to read the magazine.

I'd love to see a ON app and the magazines on-line (or downloadable). Would save MOA money (printing, shipping) which could be passed on to the membership.

Quote Originally Posted by beemergirl View Post
    I'd love to see a ON app and the magazines on-line (or downloadable).
    http://digital.turn-page.com/title/4865
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

The "turning page" sound byte is a bit annoying.... but I guess that's what "mute" is for.

Personally, I don't find ON that interesting to begin with, but much like the glossy, four-color monthly "newsletter" I get from the International Union of Operating Engineers, it's providing a job for someone.

It also comes spindled, folded, and mutilated.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

In today's mail I received my SEPTEMBER issue !!!

I had called the MOA office and asked about it in late September, they mailed me one.
    So now I have a 2nd , too bad it looks like it has been through a grenade attack !!

Dragging this thread out of retirement.

Just wondering: Are other people still experiencing late/missing delivery issues?

I got Dec and January without a hitch but prior to that missed editions and had to call the office to have them sent. I haven't received a Feb issue yet. When it comes, it's often here before the 15th.

I thought there was another thread where this was discussed but I cannot find it. Is the problem at the distributor?