Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: October ON

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.

October ON

Mine arrived today in perfect condition. This is almost a week before I normally get it.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Check the date again.

It may be October 2010.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by widebmw View Post
    Check the date again.

It may be October 2010.
    It says 2011 RALLY RECAP on the cover.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Oct ON

I received my Oct ON yesterday. The Sept ON was delivered to me on Sept 19th.

Someone must have fixed the delivery process.
    BMW R1200R
    Alpine White

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by widebmw View Post
    Check the date again.

It may be October 2010.
    LOL

Still waiting

jealous

Rub it in, why don't ya!!!

I'm one of the ones who get's their issue around the end of the month, and more times than not it looks like it's went a few rounds with a pissed off badger.

Come on, USPS, daddy needs a pristine magazine for once!!
    Thank a teacher if you can read this, thank a veteran that it's in English.

D.B.Casey-MSF#133889
    2011 RT

Compared to last month, mine's pristine!

Jer
    Jerry Palma
    99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 4); 85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'; 04 525i Orient Blue metallic; 09 328i Silver Convertable
    I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!

I just got my Iron Butt Association magazine, in a plastic wrapper, torn of course, with crumpled corners on the magazine. And the ON, unwrapped, in fine condition. Go figure.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

GIZMO
    Mine arrived in fine condition.

I didn't get mine yet. Maybe we can make two months in a row with no issue.
    Val

To repeat the point:

If you haven't received your ON by the 10th of the month, CALL the club office and they will send you one by first class post.

(636)394-7277

If your ON is mangled, talk to your Post Office. They weren't that way when they went into the mail and most members receive them damage free.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

A bit of tolerance please.

Letters to the editor: The comments about the LBGT gathering bother me. While I am none of these and I don't agree with groups singling themselves out by having "special gatherings" do we really need a Southern White Males over 60 group or a Black Bikers.

I was welcomed into the local BMW club in Houston because of what I rode and not rejected because I looked different. Tolerance is a virtue, you will never change the way people are by rejecting them. Jesus spent time with the outcasts and rebuked the self-righteous leaders of the temple. Be nice, mean people suck!

Got my ON's yesterday. The front cover had a 1 inch tear up the front bottom left corner and the the tear went about 1 inch back to the left. This is the least amount of damage in 4 months. I get the Motorcycle Consumer News and a National Rifle Association mag monthly; and they never come torn, ripped or mangled. Not really complaining, just stating what I'm getting in the mail. I really enjoy the ON's.

Late, always!

Damage, almost always, so Santa Cruz must be special. Totally missing, about twice a year here in Central CA.. I do call and get one pronto, first class. My mag always hits my doorstep around the third week of the month, so not even close to good timing. I do know you can, for a nominal fee, have the mag sent first class by 'MOA every month. I may go to that. Randy

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Damage, almost always, so Santa Cruz must be special. Totally missing, about twice a year here in Central CA.. I do call and get one pronto, first class. My mag always hits my doorstep around the third week of the month, so not even close to good timing. I do know you can, for a nominal fee, have the mag sent first class by 'MOA every month. I may go to that. Randy
    I too usually get mine damaged in mailing. Maybe we should get a printer/supplier to have them encapsulated in a plastic wrapper like my American Bonanza Society mag comes in. Too many automatic machines handeling our mail now days and too much damage.

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."