Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Marcus Dairy is Gone! Wheres your new spots?

Way back when, I rode to the Dairy with a friend. He had his new wife on the back of his Rebel and was riding my NightHawk 650. A sport bike stood straight up and after a little wobbling, the rider bailed. I watched in horror as a riderless bike careened toward my friends, somehow my buddy Bill managed to avoid getting taken out. That is just a glimpse of how out of control it eventually got.
    Paul
    "Friends don't let friends ride junk!"
    2011 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by sedanman View Post
    Way back when, I rode to the Dairy with a friend. He had his new wife on the back of his Rebel and was riding my NightHawk 650. A sport bike stood straight up and after a little wobbling, the rider bailed. I watched in horror as a riderless bike careened toward my friends, somehow my buddy Bill managed to avoid getting taken out. That is just a glimpse of how out of control it eventually got.

Seems that some , sometimes only one...with an over whelming need to feed their own over bloated ego will ruin it every time , for everyone.....
    Ron Prior {AMA member 30+ years,MOA member 20+years}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Marcus dairy started out as a place for BMW's, Guzzi's, euro touring bikes and the like to meet. Gradually over the years it became a madhouse with super sundays full of vendors and such. STILL I liked going there. Turbo Tommy the redheaded kid on hiz Z1 started the wheelie burnout craze. The not so talented are the ones that caused issues. But you could find any bike you wanted there. So many bikes!
    Regardless I miss it and will return now that I hear this panera place is hosting. Maybe we should start from the beginning with BMW's and Guzzi's again. I had a Guzzi back then.
    I remember riding my souped up Honda 900F there and taking off north on a death ride with a bunch of canadian imported RG500 Gamma racer boys. God those things were fast. I sold my 900F less then a week later and got my R60/5. Screw that crazy crap..Had my fill that last day.
    But early on I would ride the 30 miles of twisty's there on my Guzzi or honda or SR500 in the company of R90s and long legged ducati's with some hot jap bikes thrown in. Then sneak into the abandoned fairgrounds and do laps on the abandoned race track. Ahh the good old days. Wish I was 25 instead of 60! WTF.
    Jim Gregory
    92 R100RS
    05 Sportster Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by JGREGOR1.JG View Post
    Marcus dairy started out as a place for BMW's, Guzzi's, euro touring bikes and the like to meet. Gradually over the years it became a madhouse with super sundays full of vendors and such. STILL I liked going there. Turbo Tommy the redheaded kid on hiz Z1 started the wheelie burnout craze. The not so talented are the ones that caused issues. But you could find any bike you wanted there. So many bikes!
    Regardless I miss it and will return now that I hear this panera place is hosting. Maybe we should start from the beginning with BMW's and Guzzi's again. I had a Guzzi back then.
    I remember riding my souped up Honda 900F there and taking off north on a death ride with a bunch of canadian imported RG500 Gamma racer boys. God those things were fast. I sold my 900F less then a week later and got my R60/5. Screw that crazy crap..Had my fill that last day.
    But early on I would ride the 30 miles of twisty's there on my Guzzi or honda or SR500 in the company of R90s and long legged ducati's with some hot jap bikes thrown in. Then sneak into the abandoned fairgrounds and do laps on the abandoned race track. Ahh the good old days. Wish I was 25 instead of 60! WTF.
    I hear ya....64 here.

Our local place, Fuel Coffee...is still mostly Euro Bikes, Vintage & Scooters. The Cincy Mods & Rockers are probably the largest gathering group & promoters of the meet-ups. So far it is mostly tire kickin' & BS'in over good coffee. ....A nice way to spend a couple hours on a Sunday morn.....
    Ron Prior {AMA member 30+ years,MOA member 20+years}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster