Thread: Wheel Chocks

Wheel Chocks

I just purchased a new enclosed trailer. Does any one have recomendations on wheel chocks, locking or non locking? Where I purchased the trailer they have flush mount that lift up to use, but are non locking. I hear about tie downs and compressing the front suspension, is this a bad thing? I will set it up for two bikes in case someone wants to go with. The primary bike is an 07 BMW R 1200 GSA. Any recomendations on storage cabinets? I have plenty of room, the trailer is a
    7 x 17' v-nose (7 x 14') box tandom axle.
    Thanks for the help, captwheel

dstuckmann

Condor

I've used one of these for a few years with the quick release floor mount in my brother's trailer. It works very well.

http://store.condor-lift.com/product...ailer%252dStop

http://store.condor-lift.com/product...op-Adaptor-Kit

To date, I have not trailered my RT, but I don't compress the suspension when hauling my Turbos. I made some brackets that utilize the fork brace bolt holes and use turnbuckles (instead of ratchet straps) to snug it down.

A cool addition was a cheap surveillance camera inside the trailer. It adds piece of mind being able to see what is going on inside there while driving.

Baxley Sport or LA chock - http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Chocks.html
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by captwheel View Post
    I just purchased a new enclosed trailer. Does any one have recomendations on wheel chocks, locking or non locking? Where I purchased the trailer they have flush mount that lift up to use, but are non locking. I hear about tie downs and compressing the front suspension, is this a bad thing? I will set it up for two bikes in case someone wants to go with. The primary bike is an 07 BMW R 1200 GSA. Any recomendations on storage cabinets? I have plenty of room, the trailer is a
    7 x 17' v-nose (7 x 14') box tandom axle.
    Thanks for the help, captwheel
    Take a look at the black-powder ones from BLACK WIDOW. I did a product review on this unit last year in the Owners News - very impressed. Ran my R1200RT up into my pickup and into the chock - solid capture, removable and a great value!!

http://www.discountramps.com/bike-pro-wheel-chock.htm
    Last edited by Greenwald; 08-31-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle & High Performance Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

ExMaTprinLowerAlabama

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Take a look at the black-powder ones from BLACK WIDOW. I did a product review on this unit last year in the Owners News - very impressed. Ran my R1200RT up into my pickup and into the chock - solid capture, removable and a great value!!

http://www.discountramps.com/bike-pro-wheel-chock.htm
    Discount Ramps also sell regularly on Ebay where you should be able to save a couple extra bucks. I don't have their chocks, but I do have ramps from them. Great gear and they ship same day!

wheel chocks

+1 on the baxley and la chock. I used one for 6 years

I really like the Condor chock. It works great on the garage floor or on a trailer. With the quick connect style I can mount it on the trailer in the middle, or move it to the side and carry 2 bikes.
    Dan

Wheel chocks

Thanks all. Right now I think a Condor chock that will mount to e-track, is the way i am leaning to now. That way you can reposition the chock by the weight of the bike, & if you have one or two.
    Thanks for all the ideas, captwheel

Wheel chocks

Thanks all. Right now I think a Condor chock that will mount to e-track, is the way i am leaning to now. That way you can reposition the chock by the weight of the bike, & if you have one or two.
    Thanks for all the ideas, captwheel

Thumbs up

Harbor Freight & Northern Tools have wheel chocks for trailers or your garage.
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe