Thread: Audio - GPS, MP3, iPhone thru ear buds

Audio - GPS, MP3, iPhone thru ear buds

I have a new Nolan N103 helmet.
    I don't want bluetooth or anyone on the pillion.

I do want to be able to hear my GPS lady and my MP3 music and know when my iPhone is receiving a phone call or text message (so I can pull off and respond with my helmet off.

I'll be in the market for a good pair of ear buds.... But, what kind of waterproof "black box" should I get to control priorities of incoming audio (eg. surpress the music when the GPS lady has something to say) and to control volumes?
    A Motto to Live by: "LIFE SHOULD NOT BE A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE ARRIVED AT SAFELY IN AN ATTRACTIVE AND WELL PRESERVED BODY; RATHER, SKID IN SIDEWAYS, MOCHA LATTE IN ONE HAND, CARROT CAKE IN THE OTHER, BODY THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SCREAMING, "WOO HOO WHAT A RIDE!"

I'm sure you'll get a lot of differing opinions, but a second hand Autocom unit should do the trick. They pop up in the Flea Market section from time to time, and range from very basic to fairly advanced.

3. 08-20-2011, 12:32 PM

I use a MixIt2. It does what you want and mine is mounted in the glove box on my '05 1200RT. I can use earbuds for sound.
    2005 R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR
    1984 Kawasaki ZX750 E1 Turbo
    BMWMOA, SABMWRA, PCA

Owner of Sport Tour Shop MATTWALSTON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyfr View Post
    I use a MixIt2.
    If you don't care about using helmet speakers or sending voice back to bike, go with a MixIt2. I sell Autocom, but for your application, it is much more than you need.

If you want the ability to expand to bike-to-bike, helmet speakers, rider-pillion then the Autocom is top notch, but I'd avoid a used one as the current units have many more features and parts availability is better.

If the choice is between a used non-current Autocom and a new MixIt2, go with the MixIt2.
    Matt Walston
    (888) 685-9269
    http://www.sporttourshop.com/
    Free shipping on ALL ORDERS! Authorized Autocom Dealer.

Here's all you need and at only $65 and Gary is a FANTASTIC fellow to do business with..........

Amplirider

http://www.electric-avenues.com/amplirider.html

I have them on all four of my bikes and I've installed dozens more on other bikes. Can't beat it!
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello