Thread: BMWMCOGA Iron Horse Weekend Oct. 18/19

BMWMCOGA Iron Horse Weekend Oct. 18/19

This year the BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia's annual weekend sojourn to the Iron Horse Campground and Lodge is Saturday/Sunday October 18/19.

All welcome.

Details here: http://www.bmwmcoga.org/content.aspx...item_id=359980

Hope to see you there.
    Mark

Current - '74 TR5T : '93 R100R : '06 ST3s ~ Past - Variety of British, French, Italian, Czechoslovakian, and German bikes from the '70s, '80s and '90s

That's the same weekend as the 10th annual BMW Smoky Mountain Fall Reunion at the Iron Horse Lodge. I'll be there Oct. 16th to the 19th. I'm looking forward to meeting more BMW riders.
    Dave
    2004 Black LT
    2000 Canyon Red LT
    The Only Vehicles I Own

If anyone is interested I'm leading a ride on Friday to Marshall NC for lunch. It is about a 225 mile ride north through Hot Springs NC. Mostly mountain roads & four sets of switch backs over the mountain ridges. I will leave at 10:00 am. I'll have my BMW MOA club name tag on all weekend. Dave Selvig
    Dave
    2004 Black LT
    2000 Canyon Red LT
    The Only Vehicles I Own

Still a learning newbie !
    I have been to IHL several times while on another forum. The hospitality there is great, facilities are very nice. I hope you all have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
    If anyone is interested I'm leading a ride on Friday to Marshall NC for lunch. It is about a 225 mile ride north through Hot Springs NC. Mostly mountain roads & four sets of switch backs over the mountain ridges. I will leave at 10:00 am. I'll have my BMW MOA club name tag on all weekend. Dave Selvig
    Always an epic ride!
    "Not all who wander are lost"

2014 R1200GS Adv Blue
    2011 R1200RT Ostra Grey - gone

Oh wow, that's going to be a blast! Man I wish my bike was here so I could partake in this.
    "Are you living life the way you were meant to, or how you have been led to think you are supposed to?"
    1989 Yamaha FZR 400 Racebike (r.i.p.), 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold), 1983 custom naked Honda Goldwing, 2015 BMW R1200RT (on order)

I'm going to try to make it there by 10:00 to participate. I've been to the last two Georgia Mountain Rallys and loved the area so much, I bought a small place in Hiawassee. I'm riding up from Jacksonville, Fl. Thursday afternoon to Hiawassee, and I plan on riding over to Robbinsville to meet some of you folks on Friday. Should be a good weekend.
    09 R1200RT, no longer own 99R1100RT, 98 Honda Shadow 1100, Penton 125cc six days, Hodaka 125cc Wombat

Quote Originally Posted by tf78933 View Post
    I'm going to try to make it there by 10:00 to participate. I've been to the last two Georgia Mountain Rallys and loved the area so much, I bought a small place in Hiawassee. I'm riding up from Jacksonville, Fl. Thursday afternoon to Hiawassee, and I plan on riding over to Robbinsville to meet some of you folks on Friday. Should be a good weekend.
    I'll change the departure from the lodge to 10:30 if that helps.
    Dave
    2004 Black LT
    2000 Canyon Red LT
    The Only Vehicles I Own

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that. Robbinsville is about an hour and a half from Hiawassee and I figure I can be on the road by 8:00 so I should be there in plenty of time. See you then.
    09 R1200RT, no longer own 99R1100RT, 98 Honda Shadow 1100, Penton 125cc six days, Hodaka 125cc Wombat

Weather looks like it is going to be perfect. See here: http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USNC0577
    Mark

Current - '74 TR5T : '93 R100R : '06 ST3s ~ Past - Variety of British, French, Italian, Czechoslovakian, and German bikes from the '70s, '80s and '90s

Iron Horse weekend was dry, sunny and warm (warm enough days, not too cold nights). Unfortunately recent storms had knocked most of the color out of the trees which dimmed the higher elevation views, but that had no effect on the quality of the riding!

Most of the 15 or so BMWMCOGA members rode between 500 and 700 miles to/back and around the Great Smoky Mountains. Favorites were the usual suspects - Deals Gap, Foothills Parkway, Newfound Gap and Cherohala Skyway. Only bike casualty of the weekend amongst club members was a 2014 GSW that picked up a nail in its rear tire that was repaired roadside with a plug kit on hand.

Pictures here: https://bmwmcoga.clubexpress.com/con...dule_id=167832
    Mark