Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Rally - Site suggestion

Hybrid View

Cool 2013 Rally - Site suggestion

Seeing how next years rally is in Zone 2, (the nation being divided into 4 zones, and the schedule going 4,2,3,1. 1 being the other side of the Rockies, I'm guessing), I'd like to put forth the suggestion that the 2013 Rally be held in Louisville, Ky and the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center.

www.kyfairexpo.org

The National Farm Machinery show is held there every year, so there'd be more than enough room for all the vendors to be inside. Plus, there's an indoor arena that hosts Monster Truck and SuperCross events, so maybe the opportunity to have the GS Giant course INSIDE!!

Lots of green space for campers as well as close by hotels.

Anyway, just an idea.

Thanks for your time,
    C
    Thank a teacher if you can read this, thank a veteran that it's in English.

D.B.Casey-MSF#133889
    2011 RT

From MARS
    I like Louisville.

You should send this to the selection committee. I understand it helps if you do a little leg work and find out things like availability, cost, and whether they'll let us serve beer. Pics would be nice.

Tom

2012 is the last of the seven Zone rotaion schedule. Beginning in 2013 the new four Zone rotation schedule is...2013 Zone 1 Western, 2014 Zone 3 Midwest, 2015 Zone 2 Mtn States, 2016 Zone 4 Eastern.

Casey, we will take a look at the Louisville site. Thanks for the suggestion.

Chuck Manley
    Rally Site Search Team
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    2012 is the last of the seven Zone rotaion schedule. Beginning in 2013 the new four Zone rotation schedule is...2013 Zone 1 Western, 2014 Zone 3 Midwest, 2015 Zone 2 Mtn States, 2016 Zone 4 Eastern.

Chuck Manley
    Rally Site Search Team
    Hey Chuck - any chance you could post a map that shows us which states fall into these revised categories?

Could assist us with submitting suggestions.

Thanks -Kevin
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Here's a link to the whole process (had to search on RSST to find this, so don't feel bad...)

The map on that page is old....

Here is a map of the current zones.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Canucklehead
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Here's a link to the whole process (had to search on RSST to find this, so don't feel bad...)

What about the missing parts of N America, it is an International club, right? (eh)

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post

So we can't expect an east coast rally again until 2016???

Clay
    Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post

Chuck Manley
    Rally Site Search Team
    My understanding due in part to Mr. Feeler's comments on i-bmwr.org site that the 2013 site has been selected it's just a matter of crossing the 't's and dotting the 'i's and won't be announced 'till sometime in the spring..so this discussion is a moot point..

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    My understanding due in part to Mr. Feeler's comments on i-bmwr.org site that the 2013 site has been selected it's just a matter of crossing the 't's and dotting the 'i's and won't be announced 'till sometime in the spring..so this discussion is a moot point..
    Clay, what statement by me on the IBMWR list are your referring to? Thanks.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Casey-
    what would you think of the KY Horse Park up above Lexington? I understand they did a lot of upgrades for the World Equestrian Games.
    -david

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Seeing how next years rally is in Zone 2, (the nation being divided into 4 zones, and the schedule going 4,2,3,1. 1 being the other side of the Rockies, I'm guessing), I'd like to put forth the suggestion that the 2013 Rally be held in Louisville, Ky and the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center.

Quote Originally Posted by wuli959 View Post
    Casey-
    what would you think of the KY Horse Park up above Lexington? I understand they did a lot of upgrades for the World Equestrian Games.
    -david
    David - based on the recommendation of another member, we evaluated that site and could not afford it.

This was 3-4 years ago, pre-improvements. Looked like a great spot, minus the required air-conditioned indoor space (which may now be available) Maybe in these tight times their prices are a bit more reasonable?

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Breckenridge Colorado. Average summer day temperature 70 degrees. Altitude in town:9,600 feet above sea level. Cool and dry with great roads and scenery with many things to do. 90 degree days are unheard of, although us flatlanders will find it literally breathtaking! Oh well, its always something.

Second This Nomination!

Quote Originally Posted by 101516 View Post
    Breckenridge Colorado. Average summer day temperature 70 degrees. Altitude in town:9,600 feet above sea level. Cool and dry with great roads and scenery with many things to do. 90 degree days are unheard of, although us flatlanders will find it literally breathtaking! Oh well, its always something.
    2nd
    Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the mind!
    1995 PD GS
    1995 R1100RS
    Tomos Mopeds

Quote Originally Posted by 101516 View Post
    Fabulous!
    Jeff Dean − Tucson, Arizona − BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    http://bmwdean.com − MSF Chief Instructor (1994)
    Friend of the Marque (1999) − Prof. Gerhard Knochlein BMW Classic Award (2013)
    2014 & 2007 R1200RTs, R60/2s, R67/3, R51/3 ↔ 1949 R24

we're not rich enough or skinny enough for Breckenridge.

but, man, talk about fantastic rally destination.....

quick search of the convention and visitors bureau show no sort of facility that we typically use. could have missed something... anyone know?

hotel rally, anybody?

then there would be NO closing ceremony.