Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: club attendance awards?

I have to ask...

Why did the process change from taking the information off the actual registration slips and why does the MOA request a copy of the club's membership roster?

I'm pretty sure that if we returned to counting the information provided by the individual on their rally registration the results would be quite different.

I noted there were volunteers processing *each* registration slip for other information so it would be pretty simple to go back to time honored method of checking actual registrations vs a system that is so easily rigged.

If you wanted to take the load off the volunteers you could require that the club rep provides copies of each member's registration showing their club number.

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Holly,
    I'm curious....what is the defination of a local club at the rally? Is it measured by distance from the rally site? I would think it would make sense to award the largest charter club instead.

Just wondering....

Tracy
    Local club is a non-virtual charter club as opposed to the virtual clubs. Didn't make any sense to me either until I checked the awards from previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    I have to ask...

Why did the process change from taking the information off the actual registration slips and why does the MOA request a copy of the club's membership roster?

I'm pretty sure that if we returned to counting the information provided by the individual on their rally registration the results would be quite different.

I noted there were volunteers processing *each* registration slip for other information so it would be pretty simple to go back to time honored method of checking actual registrations vs a system that is so easily rigged.

If you wanted to take the load off the volunteers you could require that the club rep provides copies of each member's registration showing their club number.
    It changed a few years ago and my guess would be that it was because the data wasn't available on the registrations. Very few registrations listed the club. Amazing numbers didn't list anything but a name, no address, bike or anything else let alone a club!

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Rigged?

If someone went through all that trouble for this kind of acknowledgment...
    Hell... Just give it to 'em...

I do agree on the percentage of club as a qualifier...
    Unless of course the club has 5 members and all 5 volunteer.

(Is there a minimum membership requirement for a club?)

I have to ask...

I'm pretty sure that if we returned to counting the information provided by the individual on their rally registration the results would be quite different....

Good question!
    Dan

Clay
    Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    I do agree on the percentage of club as a qualifier...
    Unless of course the club has 5 members and all 5 volunteer.

(Is there a minimum membership requirement for a club?)
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/club/chartered...ered_club_info

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    It changed a few years ago and my guess would be that it was because the data wasn't available on the registrations. Very few registrations listed the club. Amazing numbers didn't list anything but a name, no address, bike or anything else let alone a club!
    So the way to get the data that *some* people didn't bother to include is to leave a clipboard out on a table?

As stated previously the former system was almost impossible to abuse and was abandoned for something that is so easy to gin up that some clubs don't bother to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    Rigged?

If someone went through all that trouble for this kind of acknowledgment...
    Hell... Just give it to 'em...

They did.

I knew that! (really) Just gettin' old... Thanks...

They did.