View Poll Results: How hot was it in PA?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danged hot.

13 12.50%
  • Damned hot.

22 21.15%
  • Southern fried.

15 14.42%
  • Beyond Thunderdome.

18 17.31%
  • Hotter than the freakin' flame cars.

36 34.62%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How hot was it?

Next National

My next national will be Sedalia. I enjoy the national rallies and am willing to put up with the summer temperatures. I'll be expecting it to be hot, so I'll bring my own shade and sit under it with a liberal amount of ice, water, food, beer and friends. We're sure to talk about the "hot" rallies that we've been to. 2011 in Bloomsburg will just be one of them - who remembers 1981 in Tennessee?

And if the Country Store is selling any "I survived Bloomsburg" t-shirts, I'll buy one.
    Dave
    2008 K1200 LT
    2004 K1200 RS

And if the Country Store is selling any "I survived Bloomsburg" t-shirts, I'll buy one.
    i will never understand the logic of holding the national in July, thus making it a test of endurance as well as challenging your survival skills. to me, this is not how i want to spend my vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    i will never understand the logic of holding the national in July, thus making it a test of endurance as well as challenging your survival skills. to me, this is not how i want to spend my vacation.
    In April I went to the "Blitz to Branson". It rained a lot. It wasn't the weather I wanted but I managed OK.
    In May I went to the Roadrunner Rally in Heber, AZ. It was cold. It wasn't the weather I wanted but I managed OK.
    In June I went to the RA rally in Chippewa Falls, WI. It was hot, we had severe thunder storm warnings. It wasn't the weather I wanted but I managed OK.
    In July ......

Don't know if I'll go to a rally in August, but I'll certainly be out riding. In Sept I'll go to the Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally in Sipapu, NM, I'll also go to the MOA open day. In October there's Barber Vintage Festival as well as the Houston club's rally.

The point is, if I waited for suitable weather then I may not have ridden at all this year, and my plans for the rest of the year would be very tentative. I would have missed out on meeting old friends, making new ones, seeing places I hadn't been to before.

I won't purposely set out in dangerous weather, but if I have to cope with non-ideal conditions when I'm riding, then I manage.
    Dave
    2008 K1200 LT
    2004 K1200 RS