View Poll Results: Should the rally date be changed to a cooler time of the year

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

124 67.39%
  • NO

32 17.39%
  • Does not matter

28 15.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poll for the timing of rally

I'm used to discrete voting, where no one knows how you voted. Why the display of names?

For me it's simple: if a rally is going to be an endurance contest of how much discomfort you can put up with, I'm not going.

In the middle of the summer, if I get a chance to do a road trip, I'm heading north. And I already live in the north. The AC on my bike is broken. I'll have to notify BMWNA about this chronic problem.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

yes

I now have been to two consecutive MOA Annuals. One in Oregon and now Pennsylvania. I live in Arizona. I have spent thousands of dollars going to them. I get so excited to attend the rally, the seminars, the thousands of bikes to look at and the vendors who sell what I like to buy. IT"S GREAT except for one thing that will keep me from going again,ever!!!!!

Oppresive heat. The heat both years turned an event that I look forward to going to into a survival coarse.

Smarten up MOA and change the dates of the rally.

RML

Smarten up MOA and change the dates of the rally.
    i couldn't have said it any better myself

Angry

I liked the Bloomsburg venue. Plenty of venders food/gear, large camping area, many good roads and places of interest. We just lost out to mother nature. Looking at the temp norms for Bloomsburg we should have had cooler weather.
    The selection committee does not have an easy job and I would like cooler conditions but, cannot accurately forecast weather 12>13 months down the road.
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

Bump for the ones who might still vote.

One more bump before we wrap up. I hope BMOA board taking notice.

Daily forum visit information is available at the bottom of the first forum page. You may parse the numbers any way you see fit.

Is the BOD listening? Based on my observation over several years, yes they are. I may not always agree with how they interpret what they hear on the forum or in meetings but yes they are definitely listening.

I suggest taking Visian's recommendation a step farther before you write to the BOD. The open voting (secret voting is an available option that was not chosen for some reason) gives a pool of supporters that could, along with supporters in other threads that have not voted, that could form the basis of a group to actually work on a viable plan to move the rally to another time that would facilitate some areas currently overlooked. The BOD has always been much more receptive to me when I came with a plan along with my concern.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune