Thread: Good Gear Ideas

Good Gear Ideas

I thought a thread on good gear ideas, such as appear in the MOA magazine could be useful.

A couple of friends have commented on something I've been doing for a while. Go to the dollar store and get the small pouches they sell as pencil cases. They're great for organizing small items and far cheaper than the purpose-made items sold in the accessory catalogues. They're handy in a tank bag, saddlebag, or even a cargo pocket.

A couple I keep on hand all the time:

The smaller ones make a great face shield cleaning kit. Add a dollar store microfibre cloth and your favourite cleaning solution and you're good to go. I also keep a cable gun lock handy, it makes a great helmet lock.

The larger sizes are just right to make a durable map case. Good protection and with this one, the neoprene construction is water resistant.

Any home-brewed gear ideas you'd like to share?
    Dave

'06 Triumph Scrambler (Trans-Labrador veteran)

2. 07-27-2011, 06:00 PM

Dave. Something simple-not my idea but I like it. From you morning cereal box-the inner bag is some sort of a waxy plastic kind of material. It will hold things like a spare drive chain or other messy parts real well. I don't know what it's made of but it really lasts and you can see what's in the bag. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program