Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thank you.

Thank you.

As Chair of the Volunteers Committee, I would like to thank my Co Chairs Richard, Joanne and all the Volunteers who helped out under very difficult conditions. It is people like you who made the rally a sucess.
    Thanks for a job well done.
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Thank you!

Let me tag onto this thread and thank my wonderful volunteers at the First Aid Stations. I had a great team of experienced Paramedics, EMTs, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Doctors, and regular folks. Many worked multiple shifts, and some had the uncanny ability to show up and go to work at times when we were particularly busy. Thanks to my Co-Chair, Pat Carol. We treated over 140 ralliers during the event. Of those 50 were heat related, and several were true emergencies requiring 9-1-1 transport to the local Emergency Room. The rally Chairs and leaders were very supportive of First Aid, and I thank them for all their support.
    A special thanks to George Widger of the local Columbia Medical Transport Company. We contacted George a few days prior to the event to discuss emergency access to the rally site for ambulances. He visited with us on site, and came up with a host of supplies, and equipment that really save our butts! George provided the MOA with the misting tent that was sooo popular, and he loaned us his Kawasaki Mule response vehicle, and many other supplies. When we called 9-1-1, his Paramedics were professional, and very good to work with.
    The misting tent in action:

Columbia Med. Transp loading up one of our heat victims:

I wish I could list all my volunteers, but I do thank them, and hope to work with them all again!
    Hank Pfister
    Copper Hill, VA
    pfestus1@yahoo.com
    2007 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 1984 R100RS/Motovation.
    www.twinvalleyriders.com

Me, too... me, too...

Let's make keep this going.

Thank you GS Giant volunteers, because this event would not have happened without you:

Chris Dawe - co-chair for GS Giant *and* Local Liaison. dude was busy!

Tracy Novacich - Queen of the Giants, scorekeeper and thinker of stuff that i didn't

Fred Huganir - the maker of *phenomenal* Gypsy Tour Routes and damned fine photography, to boot

Rick Spangler - cooker of huge roast beasts, finder of hand-crafted beers and coordinator in Marienville.

Myrl Stone - Track builder extraordinaire

Dan & Debbie Dickey - the "do-it-all" team, they just did it

Kevin Shrader - one competitor who was also constantly volunteering

Jerry and Cindy Walton, Marylee Davis and Skert - the Swamp Scooter contingent, they were everywhere

Joe Hutt - generalist, and proud of it

Randy Owens - another generalist and good friend

Ariel Krawczyk - Gypsy Tour ride leader

Clayton Anderson & Guy - Gypsy Tour sweep and beer-go-getter

Dylan Lane - MSF Training and Track announcer, 3 hours in the sun, talking non-stop... awesome

Rich Russell - GS routes in Marienville

Matt Novacich - hubby to the queen, breaker of foot

Chris Prosick - leader of the Black Dakar ride, or as they called it, the Coal Cracker

Craig Ebling - helper to Chris, and just about everything else one could think of

Bill Conger - BMW Performance Center, track design consulting, scoring, ride leading, training

Jim Hyde and the RawHyde peeps - track judges and bike wranglers for three hours in the blazing sun

Bruce Cole - Canadian contingent, scoring for 4 hours in the sun

Katie Cleghorn - ditto, plus a number of other things to assist Tracy, like sign-ins, release waivers, and more

Dawn Hein - general all-around help, she was there a whole lot more time than she volunteered for

Photographers
    Rick Karp
    Sam Miller
    Gary Weaver
    Pat Corrigan
    Paul Hackner

Grant Johnston - Horizons Unlimited guy, seminar giver

==============

i just know i've forgotten someone, so i will apologize in advance. a number of the Giants pitched in throughout the event, so maybe the Queen will inform me.

my biggest regret is that i over-volunteered on some closing ceremonies and video screen stuff and didn't get to spend anywhere near as much time with all these fine folks as i would have liked. that' won't happen again.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Thumbs up +1

this event IMO was amazing. with over 7,000 people, it is borderline huge.
    to coordinate such a volunteer effort as this is no small feat, and you guys all did a really great job of it. obviously, 38 years in, the MOA has it nailed down pretty tight.
    in my humble estimation the rally went pretty darn well. handing out free water was not only a stroke of pure genius but also perhaps one of the most compassionate moves i have ever seen- everyone knows that anywhere else water would STILL have been $X.00 a bottle no, matter what.
    i'll add my thanks as well, to all the rally chairs and all the volunteers- and throw a special thanks out to Randy & Jim in the beer tent and Lee & Phil over at the stage, the two places i worked during the rally. this was my first BMW MOA National and it was fantastic.

7300+ rally goers and only 50 treated for heat related problems?

That in itself is amazing.

Thanks for all you all did!
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

Thank you (Awards and Tallies)

Many, many thanks to the wonderful volunteers who helped with awards and tallies this year. You all worked so cheerfully and were so dedicated to getting it right. You all deserve an award for your tallies! Thank you.

Thanks also to office staff Tammy and Rhonda, Deb Lower, Rally Goddess Denise, Martin Hobbs, Joanne Nystorm, Marc Souliere, Wayne Doherty and Brian Curry for all the help. Roc, thanks for the beer!!!

Holly Ralph
    Awards and Tallies Chair

Thank you 123 Committee

There were one heck of a lot of toilets to keep clean and supplied with paper at this rally. I thinkg the Yankee Beemers did a marvelous job of keeping up with the demand. Thank you for a job well done.

First aid addendum

My First Aid Volunteers worked so hard, that I would be negligent if I did not mention them by name. I will likely leave someone out, for that I appologize, if I left YOU out, let me know. Thanks especially to those who worked multiple shifts!

Hank Pfister (me) Chair
    Pat Carol, CoChair
    Larry Boothby, Memphis
    Megan Posey, Conn.
    Jonny Volk, Chicago
    Doc Charlie
    Corinne Lindquist
    Jim Rife
    Joel Worsley
    Judy Gau, Cleveland
    Lee Burns, NY
    Katharina Bastian, Chicago
    Karen Schwelnus, Indianapolis
    Matt Parkhouse, Colorado
    Ralph Baker, Sumpter SC
    Sue Scouter, Sumpter SC
    John Reymer, Mass
    Jari Vodehnal, Houston
    Mike Tippett, IL
    Sandy and John LaFollette, Ohio
    Marrea Mathews
    Steve Makela, NY
    Tom Rodney, NJ
    Ann Marie Evans, Halifax NS
    William Bray
    John Lutz
    Bill and Joyce Murar
    John Luka
    Tom Rooney
    Hank Pfister
    Copper Hill, VA
    pfestus1@yahoo.com
    2007 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 1984 R100RS/Motovation.
    www.twinvalleyriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Many, many thanks to the wonderful volunteers who helped with awards and tallies this year. You all worked so cheerfully and were so dedicated to getting it right. You all deserve an award for your tallies! Thank you.
    names, holly... we need names.

thank YOU for not going nutso on me when putting together the Closing Ceremonies data.

Quote Originally Posted by xp8103 View Post
    7300+ rally goers and only 50 treated for heat related problems?

That in itself is amazing.

Thanks for all you all did!
    This is due the ice water volunteers, who kept those jugs full of ice water, in incredible heat. They never flinched from their duty, no matter the temperature, and we are grateful for their efforts.
    Sig? What's a Sig?

I once heard someone who should have known say, "The Army can't set up and tear down a little city as quickly as the BMW MOA can". I think I agree with that statement.

The work of the volunteers who arrive early and stay late can't be applauded enough.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    names, holly... we need names.
    Ian are you mistaking me for someone organized like Tracy and Chris?

Here are the names of most of my wonderful volunteers. Apologies to anyone I've left out.

Susan Young
    Marc St-Pierre
    April Temple-Spears
    Wayne Spears
    Marylou Mortimer
    Lynn Kromer
    John Grief
    Bob Behrens
    Pat Behrens
    Sigrid Sacknan
    Mike Classing
    Arla Hile
    Lauren S.
    Mike White
    Donna Achebbre
    Suzanne Weston
    Sarah Berg
    Deb Borer
    Susan Stevens
    Jim Pierce
    Jim Green
    Sue Herring
    Sarah Bement
    Beverly Ruffen
    Claude Millette
    Roy Pacitto
    Cathy Portlock
    Sue Sherback
    Penny Henry
    N. Lynn Hansen
    Buff Butfiloski
    Chuck Donmoyer
    Larry Rocky
    Richard Clegg
    Deb Clegg
    Gary
    Glenn Harrison
    Jim Stroud.

Thanks to you all for doing such a great job!

Holly

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    thank YOU for not going nutso on me when putting together the Closing Ceremonies data.
    You knew you were taking your life in your hands for daring to approach me when I was crunching numbers! Brave man!

Rally thanks

Alain Kaldewaay
    July 29, 2011
    BMW MOA
    Gypsy Tour, GS Giant
    2011, 39th Rally Bloomsburg, PA

Dear Reader and organizers:
    Thank you so much for your generous time donation and organizing the 2011, 39th MOA Rally. As you all know, BMW riders and motorcycle families and individuals in our community love these types of events. ItÔÇÖs good for the economy and makes us all feels like we are part of one big motorcycle family. If it wasnÔÇÖt for the Gypsy Tour and GS Giant, I think we would have not joined you all, at this big event. We hope and anticipate that these events will continue onward.
    Again thank you for your time donation and generous support to make this event happen. We hope to see you all next year at the GS Giant competitions.
    Sincerely,
    Alain Kaldewaay
    DAK Rider

BMWRATS

Thank you coffee drinkers

I want to thank all the coffee drinkers who so graciously donated money for Camp Victory. Because of your generosity we raised $950.00. All of you deserve a big hug for your benevolence. See you next year at Sedalia. Sincerely, Deborah Parsons,Coffee Co-chair.