Thread: End of Rally Questionare?

Clay

End of Rally Questionare?

If there was a survey/questionnaire at the end of a Rally..I never received one.. As I recall I asked about one after the Gellette Rally..

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28206

I'd say say it's time for a more comprehensive one..yes statistics can be skewed in favor of one's position or another..maybe reputable independent ?marketer?..

Thoughts/suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    If there was a survey/questionnaire at the end of a Rally..I never received one.. As I recall I asked about one after the Gellette Rally..

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28206

I'd say say it's time for a more comprehensive one..yes statistics can be skewed in favor of one's position or another..maybe reputable independent ?marketer?..

Thoughts/suggestions?
    The questionaire is a good idea, but I have to say I am sick and tired of the use of sly innuendo questioning the integrity of the volunteers and staff who keep this organization running for the benefit of the members. I recognize that is a common tactic of the popular media and politicians, but as far as I'm concerned, absent evidence to the contrary it is just a smear on good folks, in the context of the BMW MOA.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Smile

I'd like to see a questionaire go out to every member after an annual rally.

The questions (I'd volunteer to help formulate them) do not need to deal with specific individuals or even specific chair positions. A small army of dedicated people put in a lot of time to create a small city each year that we call the National Rally. Whatever improvements might be needed have nothing to do with them.

However, with the August ON issue right on the heels of the Rally (Heck - got mine in the mail yesterday), such a questionaire should appear in the September issue.

That way, tempers and emotions will have settled down and feedback may be more objectively tempered.

Issues should include satisfaction/dissatisfaction with site layout, temperature management, signage, seminar scheduling, camping amenities, closing ceremonies, entertainment, vendor solicitation, etc. and include space for comments or suggestions - not just robotic answers.

Just a thought............
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track