Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Attendance?

KevinRT

Final Attendance?

Two friends and I left on Saturday morning (we'd had enough of the heat) and so did not hear the final head count. I know they were expecting 10000 but I don't think it was anywhere near that. Google and a search here has not been fruitful. Anyone got a final figure?
    KevinRT
    Ottawa, Canada

7000+...reported as under that number at Closing Ceremonies, but, that was a wrong figure.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

The final number was 7300+ iirc.

A couple hundred registration forms got hung up in the reg tent and didn't get counted until well after the closing ceremony's warmup hour (really bad pun) started.

ian

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    The final number was 7300+ iirc.

A couple hundred registration forms got hung up in the reg tent and didn't get counted until well after the closing ceremony's warmup hour (really bad pun) started.

ian
    Just a curiousity question: I know 10,000 was 'shot out of the sky' before the Rally even started, courtesy of Mother Nature.

But I'm impressed that over 7,300 were in attendance. Didn't seem that large as I wandered about.

Does that figure reflect 'boots on the grounds,' or does it include pre-registered no-shows as well?
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

The final figure of 7330 reflects boots on the ground.

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Then I guess its must have actually been 7329 cause I was wearing sneekers (I came by car)!

RM

I thought there was less attendees based on tents but once off grounds there were alot of campers along the tree line outside of the rally grounds. Some were further away than the re-enactments. I think the water holes had a bigger draw than some vendors.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    I thought there was less attendees based on tents but once off grounds there were alot of campers along the tree line outside of the rally grounds. Some were further away than the re-enactments. I think the water holes had a bigger draw than some vendors.
    There were a bunch of us in the Dorms. We rode the shuttle buses and didn't ride our bikes at the rally. That would make the crowd seem smaller than it really was.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

I heard that the college dorm complex was full and there were people wait listed. Quite a few stayed at the university. And I can attest that the rooms were cool inside.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3guy View Post
    I heard that the college dorm complex was full and there were people wait listed. Quite a few stayed at the university. And I can attest that the rooms were cool inside.
    They were great. When I got really hot and uncomfortable at the rally, I would ride the shuttle over and take a nice cool nap before I went back. I think a lot of people did the same thing or they went to a downtown restaurant to eat and cool off.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    They were great. When I got really hot and uncomfortable at the rally, I would ride the shuttle over and take a nice cool nap before I went back. I think a lot of people did the same thing or they went to a downtown restaurant to eat and cool off.
    Ditto. The dorms were a great option for a number of reasons.
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by z3guy View Post
    We stayed at the dorms and that was a real great set up! I am just glad I booked my spot back in March. It was cheap and cool!

I just wonder how neat it would be if you could bed down at a college campus while on a road trip? It would be cheaper than a motel and in the summer it is not crowded and most colleges are in nice towns and have amenities and a friendly staff. As a women traveling alone I think it would offer some safety not found off the interstates.

Has anyone from the MOA ever tried to stay at a college while traveling that wasn't part of an event?
    Patti B

'00 R1100R
    '08 F800ST

Now that Canada is a separate country, how many of us showed up?
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Smile

Thank you, Holly.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Quote Originally Posted by DARRYL CAINEY View Post
    Now that Canada is a separate country, how many of us showed up?
    It was on a slide which wasn't shown in the interest of shortening the closing ceremony. Please note that these are only the people who identified their country. Large numbers of registration forms had name only, so the data is what was reported only.

14 Countries represented

US: 5809
    Canada: 629
    Mexico: 8
    Australia: 3
    Belgium: 3
    UK: 2
    China: 1
    Germany: 1
    India: 1
    Israel: 1
    Norway: 1