Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 153

Thread: 2012 Rally- Sedalia, MO

  1. #91
    Novice Adventurer Newstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Landenberg, PA
    Posts
    2,690
    I called the Holiday Inn and was told that they could take no reservations until 50 weeks prior to arrival. As a priority club rewards member, I was able to book online last week however, I see that they have since booked up.

    If you wait until a week or two prior, there is a good chance you can snap up a cancellation like I did in Bloomsburg.

  2. #92
    bgeimer
    Guest
    All, thanks for your suggestions.

    There are a number of reasons we no longer camp, even with Sherpa service. Yes, Polarbear, the equipment is much better. But camping out in 95 degree air and 95% humidity can be lethal. But really, its more facilities and A/C. I find I do not ride as much around the destination when I have to deal with the heat day and night too.

    As for 2,500 to 3,500 rooms, I am not sure Sedalia has that many. The Hotel Bothwell, old and expensive place which it is, only has 48. The towns around seem to have nothing at all, at least not from what we could find on the Internet. By the way, happy 20th birthday, WWW. And thank you Tim Berners-Lee

    I heard that this was announced at the BMWMOA board meeting but I do not attend them and must have missed the mention in the forum threads. I did not find out about until we got to the Rally in Bloomsburg.

    I ran into the same 50 week advance limit what others did, when we tried to reserve when we were in Bloomsburg. By the time we got back home and tried again, both the HI and Comfort Inn were full up. Seems hard to believe they have 3,000 rooms between them and harder to believe they were gone in a few days a year in advance. It was miserably hot in Bloomsburg, so perhaps there was a swarm of reservations.

    Sorry if I appear to attack your credibility, GregFeeler. And my comment about critics was pointed at an earlier comment about criticism in this thread. I do not in any way suspect that the BMWMOA leadership seeks to irritate me or any other member.

    And to the staff working on Sedalia, you have an incredibly high goal to hit to match the level of food, beer, and entertainment that was set in Bloomsburg. There could have been more water the first two days, but it was great work in a stressful environment. And the parking and traffic flow were clearly better than the previous three.

    Sorry that I could not get a reservation 49 weeks in advance.

    Bill
    #132409

    Well, perhaps its time to take that trip circumnavigating Lake Michigan.
    Last edited by bgeimer; 08-09-2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: fix typo

  3. #93
    bgeimer
    Guest
    Duplicate post removed.
    Last edited by bgeimer; 08-10-2011 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Remove Duplicate post.

  4. #94
    vincewinkel
    Guest

    2012 Rally Lodging List

    Hi Folks,
    Here is an initial list of hotels/motels/camping in the Sedalia area of Missouri. More to come ...


    Beds, Bunks, and Campsites - 2012 MOA Rally

    Sedalia (actual site of Rally)
    Best Western State Fair Inn ...... 660-826-6100
    Comfort Inn ................................660-829-5050
    Countryside RV Park...... 660-827-6513 or 660-827-3735
    Georgetown Country View Estates ....660-826-7468
    Hotel Bothwell ........................... 660-826-5588
    Econo Lodge Truman Inn ......... 660-826-8400
    American Inn . 660-826-2488
    Stardust Motor Inn ................. 660-826-8662
    Sunset Motel .............................660-826-1446
    Super 8 Motel ................800-800-8000 or 660-827-5890

    Knob Noster ÔÇô Approx. 24 Miles Southwest of Sedalia
    Whiteman Inn.......................800-563-3321 or 660-563-3000

    Windsor ÔÇô Approx. 24 Miles Southwest of Sedalia
    Windsor Motel ................................................. 660-647-2151

    Lincoln ÔÇô Approx. 25 Miles South of Sedalia
    Rigby Bunkhouse Suites ... 888-74-RIGBY or 660-547-3020
    Motel BUNKHOUSE LODGE 23339 HWY 65 Lincoln MO 65338 660-547-3020

    Warsaw 30 miles South of Sedalia
    Campground DEER REST CAMP PARK 807 GASOLINE ALLEY Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-6005
    Cabins E. PROPERTIES 18597 STERETT CREEK VILLAGE DR Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2251
    RV Park EDGEWATER RV PARK 20424 RAINTREE RD Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-7391
    Cabins/Campground GRAND RIVER RESORT/GLORY ACRES RV PARK 11919 HWY 7 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2741
    Motel HEADWATERS MOTEL 31560 WARSAW AVE Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-7314
    Motel HIDEAWAY AT OZARK HILLS 33796 BROWN BEND RD Edwards MO 65326 573-345-3776
    Motel LAKE HILLS MOTEL, INC. 31535 HWY 83 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-5191
    Cabins/Campground
    LAKESIDE RESORT 28795 LAKE LOOP Lincoln MO 65338 660-668-4497
    RV Park LAKEVIEW RV PARK 14231 HWY 7 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-6373
    Full Service Resort OLD OAR HOUSE INN 9 miles East on BB Hwy Warsaw MO 65583 660-438-5398
    Motel OSAGE BLUFF LODGE 17470 OSAGE BLUFF RD Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2891
    Cabins OSAGE BLUFF STUFF 34250 NATIVE AVE Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-7766
    RV Park OUR SLICE OF PARADISE, LLC 32987 HWY MM #16 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-5333
    Motel PARKFIELD INN - WARSAW 151 N DAM ACCESS RD Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2474
    Cabins/Campground PECAN GROVE CAMPGROUND 30249 W DAM ACCESS RD Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-7688
    Cabins R & C ADVENTURES, LLC 12049 HIGHWAY 7 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-5933
    Cabins REEL & TRIGGER RESORT 29720 HWY UU Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2580
    Motel RIVER'S END MOTEL 31635 HWY 83 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2878
    RV Park ROCKY TOP RV PARK 14234 HWY 7 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2396
    Campground THE LAST RESORT 28819 BLACK ROCK AVE Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-6691
    Motel TRUMAN LODGE 1603 COMMERCIAL ST Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2882
    Cabins TRUMAN WESTSIDE RENTAL SUITES 13900 HWY 7 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-5176

    Clinton 44 miles from Sedalia, go Hwy65 S to Hwy 52 W
    Full Service Resort BUCKSAW RESORT & MARINA 670 SE 803 RD Clinton MO 64735 660-477-3900
    Cabins UNCLE GABBY'S CABINS 11015 HWY 7 Clinton MO 64735 660-477-9448
    Motel UNCLE GABBY'S MOTEL 10825 HWY 7 Clinton MO 64735 660-477-3331
    Full Service Resorts WHITE BRANCH MARINA & RESTAURANT 31092 STONECREST RD Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-6344

    Tipton ÔÇô Approx. 30 Miles East of Sedalia
    Twin Pine Motel..........................660-433-5525

    Marshall ÔÇô Approx. 30 Miles North of Sedalia
    Budget Inn ............................... 660-886-7455
    CharlieÔÇÖs Motel ...........................660-886-3333
    Comfort Inn ............................... 660-886-8080
    Marshall Lodge Motel .............. 660-831-0022
    Oliver Homestead Bed & Breakfast ... 660-886-5725
    Rural Rendezvous Bed & Breakfast ..... 660-886-8041
    Super 8 Motel ....................... 660-886-3359

    Warrensburg ÔÇô Approx. 30 Miles West of Sedalia
    Belmont Motel ...........................660-747-8634
    Best Western University Inn .... 660-747-5125
    Camel Crossing Bed & Breakfast ....... 660-429-2973
    Cedarcroft Farm Bed & Breakfast ...... 660-747-5728
    Comfort Inn ............................660-449-4848
    Days Inn ....................... 800-325-2525 or 660-429-2400
    Good House Bed & Breakfast .. 660-747-9563
    Holiday Inn Express .... 800-HOLIDAY or 660-747-3000
    Skyhaven Motel ........................660-747-6131
    Super 8 Motel ...................... 800-800-8000 or 660-429-2183
    Willow Lake Farm Bed & Breakfast ... 660-429-3382



    List subject to change without notice

  5. #95
    Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Posts
    3,287
    Quote Originally Posted by vincewinkel View Post
    Hi Folks,
    Here is an initial list of hotels/motels/camping in the Sedalia area of Missouri. More to come ...


    Beds, Bunks, and Campsites - 2012 MOA Rally

    Sedalia (actual site of Rally)
    Best Western State Fair Inn ...... 660-826-6100
    Comfort Inn ................................660-829-5050
    Countryside RV Park...... 660-827-6513 or 660-827-3735
    Georgetown Country View Estates ....660-826-7468
    Hotel Bothwell ........................... 660-826-5588
    Econo Lodge Truman Inn ......... 660-826-8400
    American Inn . 660-826-2488
    Stardust Motor Inn ................. 660-826-8662
    Sunset Motel .............................660-826-1446
    Super 8 Motel ................800-800-8000 or 660-827-5890

    Knob Noster ÔÇô Approx. 24 Miles Southwest of Sedalia
    Whiteman Inn.......................800-563-3321 or 660-563-3000

    Windsor ÔÇô Approx. 24 Miles Southwest of Sedalia
    Windsor Motel ................................................. 660-647-2151

    Lincoln ÔÇô Approx. 25 Miles South of Sedalia
    Rigby Bunkhouse Suites ... 888-74-RIGBY or 660-547-3020
    Motel BUNKHOUSE LODGE 23339 HWY 65 Lincoln MO 65338 660-547-3020

    Warsaw 30 miles South of Sedalia
    Campground DEER REST CAMP PARK 807 GASOLINE ALLEY Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-6005
    Cabins E. PROPERTIES 18597 STERETT CREEK VILLAGE DR Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2251
    RV Park EDGEWATER RV PARK 20424 RAINTREE RD Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-7391
    Cabins/Campground GRAND RIVER RESORT/GLORY ACRES RV PARK 11919 HWY 7 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2741
    Motel HEADWATERS MOTEL 31560 WARSAW AVE Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-7314
    Motel HIDEAWAY AT OZARK HILLS 33796 BROWN BEND RD Edwards MO 65326 573-345-3776
    Motel LAKE HILLS MOTEL, INC. 31535 HWY 83 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-5191
    Cabins/Campground
    LAKESIDE RESORT 28795 LAKE LOOP Lincoln MO 65338 660-668-4497
    RV Park LAKEVIEW RV PARK 14231 HWY 7 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-6373
    Full Service Resort OLD OAR HOUSE INN 9 miles East on BB Hwy Warsaw MO 65583 660-438-5398
    Motel OSAGE BLUFF LODGE 17470 OSAGE BLUFF RD Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2891
    Cabins OSAGE BLUFF STUFF 34250 NATIVE AVE Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-7766
    RV Park OUR SLICE OF PARADISE, LLC 32987 HWY MM #16 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-5333
    Motel PARKFIELD INN - WARSAW 151 N DAM ACCESS RD Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2474
    Cabins/Campground PECAN GROVE CAMPGROUND 30249 W DAM ACCESS RD Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-7688
    Cabins R & C ADVENTURES, LLC 12049 HIGHWAY 7 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-5933
    Cabins REEL & TRIGGER RESORT 29720 HWY UU Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2580
    Motel RIVER'S END MOTEL 31635 HWY 83 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2878
    RV Park ROCKY TOP RV PARK 14234 HWY 7 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2396
    Campground THE LAST RESORT 28819 BLACK ROCK AVE Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-6691
    Motel TRUMAN LODGE 1603 COMMERCIAL ST Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-2882
    Cabins TRUMAN WESTSIDE RENTAL SUITES 13900 HWY 7 Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-5176

    Clinton 44 miles from Sedalia, go Hwy65 S to Hwy 52 W
    Full Service Resort BUCKSAW RESORT & MARINA 670 SE 803 RD Clinton MO 64735 660-477-3900
    Cabins UNCLE GABBY'S CABINS 11015 HWY 7 Clinton MO 64735 660-477-9448
    Motel UNCLE GABBY'S MOTEL 10825 HWY 7 Clinton MO 64735 660-477-3331
    Full Service Resorts WHITE BRANCH MARINA & RESTAURANT 31092 STONECREST RD Warsaw MO 65355 660-438-6344

    Tipton ÔÇô Approx. 30 Miles East of Sedalia
    Twin Pine Motel..........................660-433-5525

    Marshall ÔÇô Approx. 30 Miles North of Sedalia
    Budget Inn ............................... 660-886-7455
    CharlieÔÇÖs Motel ...........................660-886-3333
    Comfort Inn ............................... 660-886-8080
    Marshall Lodge Motel .............. 660-831-0022
    Oliver Homestead Bed & Breakfast ... 660-886-5725
    Rural Rendezvous Bed & Breakfast ..... 660-886-8041
    Super 8 Motel ....................... 660-886-3359

    Warrensburg ÔÇô Approx. 30 Miles West of Sedalia
    Belmont Motel ...........................660-747-8634
    Best Western University Inn .... 660-747-5125
    Camel Crossing Bed & Breakfast ....... 660-429-2973
    Cedarcroft Farm Bed & Breakfast ...... 660-747-5728
    Comfort Inn ............................660-449-4848
    Days Inn ....................... 800-325-2525 or 660-429-2400
    Good House Bed & Breakfast .. 660-747-9563
    Holiday Inn Express .... 800-HOLIDAY or 660-747-3000
    Skyhaven Motel ........................660-747-6131
    Super 8 Motel ...................... 800-800-8000 or 660-429-2183
    Willow Lake Farm Bed & Breakfast ... 660-429-3382



    List subject to change without notice
    This should keep some folks busy for a while.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

  6. #96
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,527
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    This should keep some folks busy for a while.
    yeah, scrolling past a quote of the whole post.

  7. #97
    RadRider radrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Weston, FL
    Posts
    79
    According to the Sedalia tourism website there are just over 600 rooms within the city. A review of the preliminary list indicates that other than the 600 lucky ones the rest of us non-campers will stay 24-30 miles away from the rally grounds.
    RadRider
    2014 S1000R,2014 R1200GS, 2013 Ural Patrol
    MOA #118928
    IBA # 46323

  8. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    you got any ideas for a national rally *in* arkansas.

    fellow member here ragtoplover was supposed to be doing some legwork in the UofA area... but no word from him lately.

    it looks to be an idea area, but some local help to ferret out the decision-makers would move things faster.

    ian
    Guilty

    Check your PM

  9. #99
    Addicted to curves azgman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by jmirizarry View Post
    According to the Sedalia tourism website there are just over 600 rooms within the city. A review of the preliminary list indicates that other than the 600 lucky ones the rest of us non-campers will stay 24-30 miles away from the rally grounds.
    Or just not go at all...
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

  10. #100
    Registered User 119240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cambridge,Ma
    Posts
    385
    I'll skip the next as well - I'm not up for tornadoes & more heat at the next Nationals. I'll help out my States people who had their own tornadoes here in MA.
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

  11. #101
    Registered User xp8103's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    have you considered renting an RV?

    this could be an excellent group buy opportunity.

    ian
    Actually Ian's got a great idea for those who are heat-averse. From the looks of things there will be MORE than adequate hook-ups for folks looking for refuge from the heat at a hot rally.

    Truth be told, there's a pretty decent chance that we'll attend the 2012 rally by camper hauling the bikes because I can adjust my annual 3-week vacation to include going to the rally and then on to San Antonio to visit friends. With hook-ups right at the fairgrounds, my camper will be cool all the time, even with the outside temp gets to over 100. I have a friend with a 2-up motorcycle trailer so, as I think more about Sedalia, the more excited I get.
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

    Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

  12. #102
    GIZMO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bgeimer View Post
    Yes, its been that way since the day my wife and I returned from Bloomsburg. And unlike the Rallies in Johnson City, Redmond and Bloomsburg, there is not much in the way of nearby cities. That pretty much means that I will miss the rally for the first time since I picked up my LT.

    Its like the MOA staff and those who knew ahead of time snapped up what few rooms there were in the area. Or there are enough construction projects that nobody from the Rally will be at the HI and Comfort Inn. This makes me wonder if Sedalia, MO was such a great choice. My wife and I are a bit past our camping on the ground years and its a real shame as this would have been the second rally that was close enough to ride to in a day.

    Well, I guess they don't like critics; its just sour grapes at missing the 2012 Rally for lack of services this far in advance.

    Darn shame.
    +1, it is a shame. I thought I would introduce my wife to a national rally, but she would prefer to stay in a hotel, especially since the potential for high heat and humidity exists. I'll of course keep checking and perhaps there will be a cancellation.

  13. #103
    Billings in 2015 Sue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    +1, it is a shame. I thought I would introduce my wife to a national rally, but she would prefer to stay in a hotel, especially since the potential for high heat and humidity exists. I'll of course keep checking and perhaps there will be a cancellation.
    Friends,
    Every year the MOA reserves about 70 rooms for the rally. These rooms are set aside for the committee chairs and staff, many of whom arrive at the rally by Monday, work 16-hours-a-day throughout the rally, and don't leave until Sunday afternoon.

    Another example: Some of the rooms are usually reserved for the entertainment, who require hotel rooms as a part of their contracts. If the audio/visual or sound & lighting people come from out of the area, they may also require lodging as part of their contracts.

    If you consider that one of the requirements for a rally site is that there needs to be 1500 - 2000 rooms within 30 miles, setting aside 70 rooms for the key volunteers and staff should not make that much of an impact.

    Most of your board members will be camping on site in our tents, with our brothers and sisters.

    True Story: When I chaired Lima, one of the attendees created all kinds of havoc because he could not reserve a room at the Hampton. I had set all of their rooms aside for the MOA. The Hampton called me, and I called him to try to settle the problem. Imagine my surprise when he told me that he already had rooms reserved at two other motels, but wanted to also reserve at the Hampton. He said he always does this, and then when he gets to town for the rally, he decides which place he likes the best, and cancels the other two.

    Thanks for taking a moment and looking at it from a different vantage point. I suspect you are right when you say you may be able to get a room due to a cancellation.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

  14. #104
    Jack Herbst
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oro Valley, AZ
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Friends,
    Every year the MOA reserves about 70 rooms for the rally. These rooms are set aside for the committee chairs and staff, many of whom arrive at the rally by Monday, work 16-hours-a-day throughout the rally, and don't leave until Sunday afternoon.

    Another example: Some of the rooms are usually reserved for the entertainment, who require hotel rooms as a part of their contracts. If the audio/visual or sound & lighting people come from out of the area, they may also require lodging as part of their contracts.

    If you consider that one of the requirements for a rally site is that there needs to be 1500 - 2000 rooms within 30 miles, setting aside 70 rooms for the key volunteers and staff should not make that much of an impact.

    Most of your board members will be camping on site in our tents, with our brothers and sisters.

    True Story: When I chaired Lima, one of the attendees created all kinds of havoc because he could not reserve a room at the Hampton. I had set all of their rooms aside for the MOA. The Hampton called me, and I called him to try to settle the problem. Imagine my surprise when he told me that he already had rooms reserved at two other motels, but wanted to also reserve at the Hampton. He said he always does this, and then when he gets to town for the rally, he decides which place he likes the best, and cancels the other two.

    Thanks for taking a moment and looking at it from a different vantage point. I suspect you are right when you say you may be able to get a room due to a cancellation.
    Dfferent story here: Had a room reserved for over eight months at Gillett for the rally. ONE week before the rally the hotel/motel called me and told me my reservation was cancelled due to MOA staff needed more rooms. Needless to say I called the manager and MOA to no avail. No other rooms were available on such a short notice in Gillett. As a result I was pissed to say the least and did not attend.

    Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

  15. #105
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Dfferent story here: Had a room reserved for over eight months at Gillett for the rally. ONE week before the rally the hotel/motel called me and told me my reservation was cancelled due to MOA staff needed more rooms. Needless to say I called the manager and MOA to no avail. No other rooms were available on such a short notice in Gillett. As a result I was pissed to say the least and did not attend.

    Jack
    With all due respect for those of you in the hospitality industry, that wouldn't be the first time that a hotel/motel manager mis-managed their reservations and then decided to throw the MOA under the bus rather than take responsibility. There was a nasty incident at the Redmond Rally. Most of you never hear about these things, but it's all a part of what goes on behind the scenes.

    The MOA books less than 4% of the available rooms for the people who make the rally happen wherever we have a rally. That block of rooms is locked down well in advance of the announcement of that site. Yet. somehow we are the reason so many people can't get a room or get bumped. I'm confused.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •