Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Rally- Sedalia, MO

See ya there!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordmann View Post
    Great a rally with chiggers lots of mosquitos and Oak tree mites. What else could one ask for?
    A tornado?

Tornado's, is how we tell the locals from the transplants. The sirens go off and the locals grab their camera and run outside to film. The transplants hide in their basements. Although this last tornado has me re-evaluating that behavior.

Seriously, I like the weather here. Keeps the riff-raff out.

It might be a good idea to schedule a tornado tour ride at the rally for a donation?

Hummmm, 175 miles one way, heck us beemer riders can do that roundtrip twice in one day easy.

Rod

At the risk of asking the obvious, is the Rally being held at the Missouri State Fairgrounds?

Just checked both the Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn; both showed no availability (online at least) for the rally dates. I called the Comfort Inn and was told they had four rooms, all smoking. I called the HI Express and the woman who answered said I could not book more than 11 months in advance, but when I pointed out that I could book her hotel online right up to 11 July 2012, she didn't know what to say but suggested I call the manager tomorrow. All their rooms were blocked.
    Last edited by marcopolo; 07-27-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

Yes, according to the literature handed out in Bloomsburg.
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

mo rally

The family and I had a wonderfull time, it was my wife and 2 son's first rally.

The family and I will be attending in mo. Voni, Richard and David really enjoyed it, and are looking forward to seeing the lady in red again.

Both the wife and I decided, we would take the bike and the van, the boys can take turns riding with me on the year old k1600gtl We will have hotel reservations somewhere and cancel them if camping is good.

Paul, I hope they find you and airconditioned hall for your event, I come for yours, and from now on Sherry comes for Voni's women who ride seminar.

To all, any rally is a crapshoot. both the wife and I work the 3 day breast cancer walk in michigan, the weather sucks, its hot. Would any of you haters want to walk 20 miles a day for 3 days? and then spend the night in tents? doubt it.

See you all in mo. for the record, i will never pre register again since i had to pay twice once pre and then again at the rally cuz they couldnt find it.

Richard, Sherry, Richard II and David Ploeger.
    Richard
    2012 GTL blue delievered 7/9/2011
    2003 fltri, 1972 A65 Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by 88880 View Post

See you all in mo. for the record, i will never pre register again since i had to pay twice once pre and then again at the rally cuz they couldnt find it.

Richard, Sherry, Richard II and David Ploeger.
    Thanks, Richard ; )

As to the above, I'd ask you to call the office. That happened to Paul and me once and their computer showed us paying twice so we got a refund later.

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

FWIW, hotels are not booking that far in advance. However, after a quick search online with the Sedalia Visitors Bureau, it does not appear that there are alot of hotel options. I'm sure there is a requirement for rooms available when choosing a rally location. Not knowinging the area, I can only go by what I see online.

Some of the motels are not taking online bookings at this time. However, I understand if you phone the motels direct they are taking reservations.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Some of the motels are not taking online bookings at this time. However, I understand if you phone the motels direct they are taking reservations.
    I phoned the Comfort Inn and they said they had four rooms left, but all smoking rooms. No thanks.
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    FWIW, hotels are not booking that far in advance. However, after a quick search online with the Sedalia Visitors Bureau, it does not appear that there are alot of hotel options. I'm sure there is a requirement for rooms available when choosing a rally location. Not knowinging the area, I can only go by what I see online.
    Holiday Inn Express books online 12 months in advance, but they're all blocked for the rally dates. I was told to speak to the manager when I called yesterday (manager was not in).
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

RIDERS
    We made reservations last Friday at the Super 8 in Sedalia and that was with their 800 phone number. We didn't make this year's rally as we broke down in Ohio on the way and had planned to be there. That makes the 3rd one we have missed since 89 because of unforseen circumstances.

The Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection (Choice hotels brand) had plenty of rooms when I called. All smoke free. 660-826-5588

$139 for the "Family suite" that has a queen and a full bed. They had other rooms as well.

I'm just saying Bloomsburg was pretty hot. Would have been nice to sleep. Still had fun regardless.
    Sharon - WI Club, #GSGiants2014
    1999 R1100R
    1973 R60/5
    2014 - sold the sidecars and my super short GS! Bought a F650GS Twin

Link to Missouri State Fair:

http://www.mostatefair.com/

From MARS
    Figuring its going to be warm in Sedelia, I hope the organizers will consider putting out water coolers instead of handing out water in plastic bottles.

Tom

The organizers had water coolers around the fairgrounds and gave out reusable bottles until they ran out and the extent of the heat forced them to go to plastic bottles as well. They worked really hard to combat the extreme conditions.