Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Rally- Sedalia, MO

Finally one that's close enough for me. I'll be there. If it's too hot you'll find me under a tree with my beer. Pretty sure it won't beat last weeks 105 temp and 120+ heat index here. And to put a spin on this, my hottest trip ever was 111 when I left Topeka. 109 all the way to the Colorado line. Sedalia? Walk in the park for me I bet.

Missouri is the show me state. They are so damn tough they have their state fair in August which is always the hottest month of the year. The Rally is just a "warm up" to their fair (pun intended, not good but intended). The screw up as I see it is the rally is too far out from the state fair. If it was closer you could hang around for the flat trackers that come in to Sedalia. I suspect the track will play some part in the rally next year.
    Kevin
    "I ride therefore I am"

2012 1600 GTL

FWIW, I had a ball in Bloomsburg, one of the best ever. A huge part of what made it special for me was having my son Corbett participate. We had a great first tour in spite of the heat and he loved the rally, especially Camp Gears and watching his father clear toilets.

When we got home he asked where the rally was next year. I told him where and that his current riding level we'd probably take three or even four days of back road riding to get there.

He said sign me up.

Last edited by robnye; 07-26-2011 at 01:20 PM.

I am really looking forward to the Sedalia rally. So far family obligations have kept me away, but this one is close enough I can attend to the family things and still attend. A one tank of fuel rally!!!!!! Yes,I will volunteer for something.

Hot is what it is. I fear the chiggers and mosquitoes and worst of all is the Oak tree Mites, they go thru the screens on tents.

Bring your Deet. If you want to lay on the grass shower afterward and towel off every square inch of your skin firmly or learn about chiggers.

Powered sulfur seems to keep the ticks, chiggers and oak tree mites at bay. Stink or itch, easy choice.

It will be a wonderful rally, and some pretty roads.

Folks that like to fish, bring your rods. Bennett spring is close, and other rivers.

Also, some nice cool canoe trips on the Current and Jack Fork river, spring fed, they never warm up.

Rod

Random
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    All of which tells me we need to ask 2 questions.

What is typical weather there at that time?

Can the facility keep us cool if it gets hotter than typical?
    Good questions...

Bloomsburg, PA July Averages

Average High 82??F
    Average Low 58??F
    Mean 70??F
    Record High 103??F (1988)
    Record Low 41??F (1963)

I think the rally planners do a terrific job. Anyone complaining should volunteer for the search committee.

Talking Not typical!

Beemerphiles are not typical!!! see ya there!!!
    Heed NEAD: No Egos, Attitudes, Distractions!!!!!
    Shep Brown MOA 27510
    "Igor" 82 RS "Inga" 04RT
    Pensacola, Flairider

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I think the rally planners do a terrific job. Anyone complaining should volunteer for the search committee.
    +1!

If you're unhappy with the rally, how it was run, where it was, weather was too hot/cold/rainy/dry etc. step up and VOLUNTEER!
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."

Fiordmann

Chigger Rally

Great a rally with chiggers lots of mosquitos and Oak tree mites. What else could one ask for?

UOTE=ragtoplvr;698691]I am really looking forward to the Sedalia rally. So far family obligations have kept me away, but this one is close enough I can attend to the family things and still attend. A one tank of fuel rally!!!!!! Yes,I will volunteer for something.

Hot is what it is. I fear the chiggers and mosquitoes and worst of all is the Oak tree Mites, they go thru the screens on tents.

Bring your Deet. If you want to lay on the grass shower afterward and towel off every square inch of your skin firmly or learn about chiggers.

Powered sulfur seems to keep the ticks, chiggers and oak tree mites at bay. Stink or itch, easy choice.

It will be a wonderful rally, and some pretty roads.

Folks that like to fish, bring your rods. Bennett spring is close, and other rivers.

Also, some nice cool canoe trips on the Current and Jack Fork river, spring fed, they never warm up.

Rod[/QUOTE]

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Same here (less the toilet cleaning)
    I made a comment that I didn't want to go to MO...and Lisa was "what?!, It will be my first rally to ride to, and I get to see all my Camp Gear friends". Uh well, ok...MO it is. A good time can be found anywhere. We had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    FWIW, I had a ball in Bloomsburg, one of the best ever. A huge part of what made it special for me was having my son Corbett participate. We had a great first tour in spite of the heat and he loved the rally, especially Camp Gears and watching his father clear toilets.

When we got home he asked where the rally was next year. I told him where and that his current riding level we'd probably take three or even four days of back road riding to get there.

He said sign me up.

Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Beemer Geek

2012 Dates?

Do we know the dates for Sedalia yet?

Anthony
    --
    2007 R1200GS

www.RevZilla.com

given my popularity on another thread, i was wondering if i am allowed to go or will i be detained at the MO state line?

Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    given my popularity on another thread, i was wondering if i am allowed to go or will i be detained at the MO state line?
    Having gone to school in central MO, I would advise concealing your state of origin.

Just kidding. Sort of.

If I can manage to take the time off, I will be there. The problem is I never know until just beforehand, so I can't really plan with others. Oh well.
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

Thank you!

Finally, the rally is being held someplace that's centrally located for the whole country! Not where it requires three or four days of vacation plus the weekend to get there, check it out, and return. Sedalia is close enough that I can leave early Friday morning, check out the rally, and be in my own bed Sunday night for work Monday morning. This has a chance to be my first BMWMOA Rally!
    Grant
    '05 R1200GS
    Former owner of an '03 R1150R
    BMWMOA #113847

Quote Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
    Do we know the dates for Sedalia yet?
    Anthony, its July 19-22, 2012. Hope to se you guys there again!
    RadRider
    2014 S1000R,2014 Ural Gear Up, 2011 R1200RT, 2011 G650GS
    MOA #118928
    IBA # 46323

I would advise concealing your state of origin
    that aint all i'll be concealing, oh wait, i had a recent thread locked over that topic, i best play nice like the good MOA member that i am.