Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Rally- Sedalia, MO

Thumbs up Good call, looking forward to a wonderful rally!

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Don't need more critics, thanks.

Our hard working volunteers deserve better than this year, and they will get it in Missouri.

We do need more air conditioning. Sedalia has that and more. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the facilities.

We'll miss you, but we'll be there with bells on for our annual family reunion.

Voni AND Paul
    sMiling
    +1

Good call, looking forward to a wonderful rally!
    Dan Reese - 77' BMW R100S
    ABC# 12135 - MOA# 131743

Looks like i'am going

I've been to Trenton, Charlston, Spokane and Wisconsin, and Lima Rallys. Then, bad back set in when I was on my way to Tennessee. Downsized from a 1150 GS to R1200R, and now a G650GS so as to be able to keep riding. I used to live in Sedalia and it is a great town and there are some great riding around the lakes. This may be my last rally and I may not be able to ride by July, but I am going! I won't be able to camp so I checked Travelociy. There are some rooms available at the Super 7. Se my post on this. Also, for active and retired military, Whiteman AFB has several rooms for travelers.
    Last edited by 1TOMMAC; 12-21-2011 at 10:12 PM.

cmartin

Cancelled reservation at Sedalia MO

Room has been taken.

I cancelled my reservations today 1/10/12 at

AMERICAN INN SEDALIA
    1217 South Limit, Sedalia, MO 65301
    Phone: 1-660-826-2488

I know nothing about this motel, except it just across the street from the fair grounds.

my reservation was for a double non-smoking.
    Last edited by cmartin; 01-11-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: updated

Bad Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by cmartin View Post
    I cancelled my reservations today 1/10/12 at

AMERICAN INN SEDALIA
    1217 South Limit, Sedalia, MO 65301
    Phone: 1-660-826-2488

I know nothing about this motel, except it just across the street from the fair grounds.

my reservation was for a double non-smoking.
    I have a room at that motel. It has horrible reviews, which I did not know about. I usually camp, and figured I would reserve a room in case a Monsoon or withering Heat Wave comes along.

There is probably not another room within 25 miles of the rally. I point out the reviews so that anyone interested has all the facts. I also urge any one interested to call the motel directly and then to use the various travel sites to try for a cheaper price. A check of Priceline showed this property for $85 yesterday.

Right now the Super 8 is $68 and the American is only $45.

Sounds like the right time to reserve one of them!
    Ale>< in Akron, OH and that picture is a girl with a cute smile

I'll never pre-register or get a motel room for another rally specially in a place like Sedalia, MO in the middle of the summer. I did last year and regretted it. Nothing is worth riding in 100 degree temperatures IMHO. As a side note: for the ones who's going to counter as "you can't predict the weather, etc..." I'm ready to take bets....

Quote Originally Posted by Doubleplay View Post
    I'll never pre-register or get a motel room for another rally specially in a place like Sedalia, MO in the middle of the summer. I did last year and regretted it. Nothing is worth riding in 100 degree temperatures IMHO. As a side note: for the ones who's going to counter as "you can't predict the weather, etc..." I'm ready to take bets....
    If I wasn't prepared to ride in 100 degree temps on occasion, I wouldn't be able to ride much of anywhere in the summer. All of Texas went something like 60+ days last summer above 100. In 2002 when I came back from the Trenton Rally it was 107 when I get to Pierre, SD one afternoon. Temperatures like that are a lot more tolerable for me "out west" where there is very low humidity. In fact - for me - the humidity makes as much or more difference than does the temperatures.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

It's a bet

Quote Originally Posted by Doubleplay View Post

I bet I have more fun riding from Pittsburgh to The Gypsy Tour, then to The Rally to participate in the GS Giant, then home to Pittsburgh again, than you have all year.

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by k75s View Post
    Be sure to stop in Marshall, Missouri (north of Sedalia on highway 65) and pay your respects to Jim the Wonder Dog. In the town square area.
    Barley has let me know this is a must on his personal itinerary for this trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

TravelsWithBarley.com
    BTW - When will the volunteer opportunities and chairs be posted?
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    BTW - When will the volunteer opportunities and chairs be posted?
    Got a phone call from Chuck Manley (Rally Co-Chair) just the other day. He and I will meet up at the IMS in Chicago in less than 2 weeks for a chat.

He has a few finishing touches (and co-chair slots to fill) before things get published.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

After reading through this thread I was a bit worried running into all these negative people at the rally.
    Then I realized it would be easy to see them coming by the dark cloud that must be always hanging over their heads.

Seriously, I think there are two ways to approach a rally:
    1. I'm here and I will have fun.
    Or,
    2. I'm here and you better entertain me, or I'll hold my breath till I faint,
    and make things miserable for others by complaining.

I'm all for attitude #1 and can't wait to go to my second BMWMOA rally.
    '04 Silver R1150RT "Big Oel". '05 Yellow KLR 650
    '00 Red Suzuki Bandit 600
    '65 Allstate/Puch 250 twingle
    "I just want somewhere to ride and food when I get there."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff488 View Post
    After reading through this thread I was a bit worried running into all these negative people at the rally.
    Then I realized it would be easy to see them coming by the dark cloud that must be always hanging over their heads.

Or,

You - are a very quick study.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Regardless of what the weather will be, I'll be there. Living in MO it's my first opportunity to go to a rally (work ALWAYS takes precedence from June-Sep) so I'll be there.
    First Gear mesh jacket and pants and a small windshield...and you'll get NO WHINING about the weather from me! sMiles all the way
    08 R1200GS aka Stormy.
    1989 Honda GB500 aka Ton Up.

I hate deer and love venison

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    I bet I have more fun riding from Pittsburgh to The Gypsy Tour, then to The Rally to participate in the GS Giant, then home to Pittsburgh again, than you have all year.
    Really,
    I might see you there coming back from Alaska after a 10000 mile trip. My understanding of having fun is not about rallies or beer drinking, otherwise I might have bought a Harley.
    Have Fun and Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff488 View Post

Or,

I'll add another one for you:

3. Don't attend and go somewhere where the weather is nicer to ride. Win win.