Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tent spaces

Tent spaces

Well I know I will draw a few complaints but oh well ! So if you can't save a place or two for your friends , then why do the Ambassadors laying sheets of plastic down saving places for their friends ??? If I couldn't save one place then " NO ONE CAN " plain and simple ! And to the person that yelled at me for this stick it , because your group was one of the ones doing it too !!!
    Ever hit 2 deer at 65 m.p.h. and survive ? Then you never have lived life

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgs94 View Post
    Well I know I will draw a few complaints but oh well ! So if you can't save a place or two for your friends , then why do the Ambassadors laying sheets of plastic down saving places for their friends ??? If I couldn't save one place then " NO ONE CAN " plain and simple ! And to the person that yelled at me for this stick it , because your group was one of the ones doing it too !!!
    Why did you not just move their plastic, pitch your tent, save a place for your friends and tell them to stuff it at The Rally? Just askin'.

Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    Why did you not just move their plastic, pitch your tent, save a place for your friends and tell them to stuff it at The Rally? Just askin'.
    I agree. What are they gonna do, have you arrested? Have them arrested for being arrogant!

Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    Well I didn't want to throw a tent down where they were but yes I did give them hell .. Next rally in Missouri I will make sure I stake out a f-ing acre of land and if no one likes it they can piss off

Kevin

I was at the rally Monday setting up. On Tuesday I saw the guy you must be talking about as he was the only person I saw outside the club area trying to mark off an area with tape for his exclusive use.

It's been an MOA policy for a few years that other than in the club area there shall be no blocking off space with caution tape.

Sadly there is always one. If they threw around the "Don't you know who I am" BS, that's even worse especially if he claiming to be an Ambassador. If true he's part of the old Ambassadors and they represent a tiny sliver of the rest of us.

Having said this I don't see what the big deal is if someone puts down a second ground cloth next to their tent for their buddy. It's how they interact with others that seems to lead to problems. In YB land we always make room but we may ask folks to adjust a bit so we can fit "one more."

As an example in YB land I was holding a spot for a buddy by putting my pannier next to my tent. Another guy set up "in my zone" and I explained what I was trying to do. We agreed that it would be peg to peg by Friday lunch so he adjusted and when my buddy arrived there was a spot just big enough.

I'll also add that it's always entertaining to see folks desperately try to get the "best" spot or that little slice of shade that that is only there for a few hours a day.

I used to play that game until I purchased a MSR Parawing. Now I carry my own shade and have a cool spot all day.

Absolutely, No one should get worked up about holding a tent site or two for friends. Camping with your friends is one of the best parts of going to rallies. Staking out an area with yellow tape?? C'mon people!
    And I agree, the people who think they're somebody special and want to make sure you know it, really p*ss me off. Thank goodness they're a very small minority at a very large gathering.

You should have joined the Giants on the infield. We had no shade but plenty of space and decent facilities.

I saved my space with no complaints.

tank

Hey Rob:
    Or, you could have done what I did, and tent under the turret of that tank just east of the beer garden. 'SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND !!! " [ Al Pacino in SCARFACE]. no one messed with me. LOL
    jim aka MAD DOG, beer co-chair

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    Hey Rob:
    Or, you could have done what I did, and tent under the turret of that tank just east of the beer garden. 'SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND !!! " [ Al Pacino in SCARFACE]. no one messed with me. LOL
    I liked the guys who set up in the shade next to the beer truck.

I guess the compressors weren't running when they set up or they're deaf.

beer truck

Actually, they WERE running, and I made sure that they knew that they would run all night, and that I would be very unhappy if they turned off the truck, as people did in Wyoming. They were very cool with it all, and gave no problems.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post

I was right across the road from the reefers, nosisy @ first then got used to them. The newest one they brought in mid week had a high pitch whine 8 seconds before ignition.
    Fire in the hole!
    MOA Life'er
    '32' Gas Powered Cylinders
    Love my Special K

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post

A special thanks to those guys and the others who moved their bikes when we brought in the second trailer mid rally.
    Doug Mc Gee
    Ice-Co Chair
    OH Airmarshal
    www.airheads.org

Not deaf

[QUOTE=robnye;698237]I liked the guys who set up in the shade next to the beer truck.

I guess the compressors weren't running when they set up or they're deaf.[/QUOTE

The sound of a big compressor cooling my beer is like music from heaven. I am glad I got there Tuesday so i could find some shade. The ceiling fan in my tent helped too.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    Hey Rob:
    Jim it was good seeing you and chatting again ..

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by flat_twin View Post
    Absolutely, No one should get worked up about holding a tent site or two for friends. Camping with your friends is one of the best parts of going to rallies. Staking out an area with yellow tape?? C'mon people!
    And I agree, the people who think they're somebody special and want to make sure you know it, really p*ss me off. Thank goodness they're a very small minority at a very large gathering.
    I was using yellow tape for one space to save is that so bad ? I don't think so !!!! It was better than throw plastic sheets down for 5 spots to save and then killing the grass off because they had the sheets laying down for so long , then I guess they never showed up because some plastic was picked up .. Should have just used grass killer instead of plastic !!!! lol

Kevin