Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What happened to BMWOA offices?

Moondog
    Quote Originally Posted by ka5ysy View Post
    No, "Fried Brain Syndrome" is normal for those residing above the "grit line" ("The North") when the temp gets above 80.

We are quite acclimated to heat. After all, this is the home of Tabasco sauce.

Temps in the 95-100 range are normal here with 80% humidity.

Bulls*it!

I recall, as a young man in southern Indiana in the 1960s getting ready for a Friday night date, emerging from the shower, toweling off, and within ten minutes being as just as wet as I was when I got out of the shower.

Want to know the local weather anywhere... http://www.wunderground.com/
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

angysdad
    True...plenty of heat/humidity in southern states.
    That's why folks go from their air conditioned homes, into their air conditioned cars to drive to the air conditioned mall...
    The biggest complaints of the heat I heard came from a couple of gents from South Carolina...if my memory is good, it gets quite hot in their neck of the woods.
    I'm from the frozen north...I kept to the shade, kept hydrated, and had a great rally!

Merlin III

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by angysdad View Post
    True...plenty of heat/humidity in southern states.
    That's why folks go from their air conditioned homes, into their air conditioned cars to drive to the air conditioned mall...
    The biggest complaints of the heat I heard came from a couple of gents from South Carolina...if my memory is good, it gets quite hot in their neck of the woods.
    I'm from the frozen north...I kept to the shade, kept hydrated, and had a great rally!
    Let's be honest here, there wasn't enough shade to go around was there? Anyhow, for those of us who tent camped, it was the sleepless nights that were most unbearable. My neighbor's solution was to stay up all night drinking until they passed out. It worked out okay until they had to walk around the next day in the heat with a massive hangover.

It worked out okay until they had to walk around the next day in the heat with a massive hangover.
    Well, ya see. .. there ya go! Once you venture down that road, yer not supposed to stop!
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner