Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happened to BMWOA offices?

ELTIGRE1

What happened to BMWOA offices?

Does anybody know why you can't make phone contact with the BMWMOA office? I have been trying since Monday and left a couple of messages. I wondered if they were on vacation but the answer machine does not reflect this.

Guess: they are all at the rally.

Motorradfahrer
    Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    Guess: they are all at the rally.
    Would be my guess. I bet they wish they were in the air conditioning of that office.

Not an excuse!!! They should be listening to their messages and returning calls and e-mails.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubleplay View Post
    Not an excuse!!! They should be listening to their messages and returning calls and e-mails.
    Lots of companies do a vacation shutdown of the workplace, but usually have skeleton staffing for critical services.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

I have absolutely no idea; however, You win my unofficial "New Rally Complaint" award for this year. I am not above dinging the association (and getting ding in return sometimes ) but this is the first time I remember seeing this complaint during the rally. In the past I have had occasion to contact the offices during the event and have been well served.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by Doubleplay View Post
    Why? You think there's something so important in a member services organization that they can't take some time to work at the rally site?

BMW MOA is a motorcycle association, not a hospital.

Get a grip. They'll be back next week.
    Nom de Plume:
    Steve Aikens, Clovis, NM
    BMW MOA #6218
    IBA# 442

Get a grip. They'll be back next week.
    It's not a question of grip...
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Geez, I think the heat is making people a little cranky.

Mary
    2007 R1200RT

ELTIGRE1
    And I think somebody has a quick trigger. I don't see anything cranky in this, it was a question for which I thought some on the forum could answer. It seems the message could have been changed. It now says "we are away from our front desk". I would have thought nothing of it if the message had said they were away for the rally and would be back next week. I had a question to which I needed an answer, left a message and got no response. Now I know.

Blame it on the heat. You folks up North are not heat-acclimated like we Southerners are. You are suffering "Fried Brain Syndrome" . It is amusing to see all the news reporters spending lots of airtime talking about something that is quite normal for us

Doug, 2011 R1200RT Polar Metallic
    MSF #127350 NAUI #36288

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by ka5ysy View Post
    Blame it on the heat. You folks up North are not heat-acclimated like we Southerners are. You are suffering "Fried Brain Syndrome" . It is amusing to see all the news reporters spending lots of airtime talking about something that is quite normal for us

It's "quite normal" for Southerners to have "Fried Brain Syndrome"? That explains alot.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

I drive by the headqrtrs Mon-Fri on the way to the Gym.I could see cars there Mon.and Tues.,did not see any Wed.thru Fri. Rally is my guess to.
    We drove all this way for a DEAD END ! My son!!!

02 Silver RT1150 My 1st BMW Bike
    Craig

Merlin III
    I agree with the threads author. They should be answering their phones or at least have a message saying they are closed, but it is also pretty simple to guess where they were and why they weren't returning calls.

Come to think of it, I didn't see them at the event either. I saw plenty of volunteers who were doing a great job, but I did have some questions that no one could answer for me. I was hoping for an "official" information booth where someone was on duty who knew all the answers, but I didn't see it. Perhaps there was one and I just didn't see it because of the copious number of people in the air conditioned buildings and not to mentioned my fried brain syndrome.

I must add that it was a great rally and a great site. The people of Bloomsburg were quite welcoming to their beautiful town. I had a lot of fun. The heat was unbearable, but you certainly can't blame that on anyone. Good job BMWMOA organizers and staff!

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    It's "quite normal" for Southerners to have "Fried Brain Syndrome"? That explains alot.

No, "Fried Brain Syndrome" is normal for those residing above the "grit line" ("The North") when the temp gets above 80.

We are quite acclimated to heat. After all, this is the home of Tabasco sauce.

Temps in the 95-100 range are normal here with 80% humidity.

Doug, 2011 R1200RT Polar Metallic
    MSF #127350 NAUI #36288