Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trip to Alaska from Florida- Meet new friends

Heated jacket liner.

Quote Originally Posted by smmotorco View Post
    I have very good riding gear (Spidi Ergo 05) and my jacket has 3 liners to keep me warm. The inner liner has insulation to stay warm for cold weather, the middle liner is wind and water proof and the top jacket protects from everything else. I've ridden in 25 Fahrenheit weather before and my bike has heated grips.

I will take lots of pictures trust me. I have the Contour GPS camera for my helmet and than my other camera for everything else.
    Read my lips. Heated jacket liner is not optional. Get one, or borrow one. Take it from a Canadian that rides well into November and starts again in February. My Gerbing liner is a godsend.

Hello everyone,

You may track me using the link below:
    http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?...d4e317c93b530b

So far the trip has been great, I will try and post more updates along the way if anyone is interested. Thanks!
    Sasan
    1993 BMW R100GS PD, 1973 BMW R75/5, 1969 BSA A65 Lighting, 1962 BMW R27, 1957 Triumph Tiger Cub, 1942 BSA M20 WWII

Suggestions for the return trip

Hi Sasan,

Looks like a very nice adventure so far - please keep us posted!

As to your return route:
    1. Looks like you have planned the US 12 "Lewis & Clark" run from Lewiston, ID to Lolo, MT. Good choice (IMHO)
    2. Assuming you take that run, I suggest you swing southeast toward West Yellowstone, then through Yellowstone and Cooke City, MT and catch the Beartooth Hwy US 212.
    3. Then, depending on time, etc. down to Granby, CO and over Trail Ridge Rd through Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park.

I did all of these recently - definitely bucket list rides!

Regards, safe travel,
    Marty in Spokane Valley, WA

'79 R65 - the rolling running project bike
    '08 R12RT - "new scoot"

Hey Sasan:
    Your Southern route has you traveling on I-10 to Houston - you'll pass within 2 miles of my house in LA. I'm also planning an Alaskan trip this summer and looking for company. Lafayette is the heart of Cajun country and a great to visit. Let's work on the trip together.
    Randy