Thread: Yuengling Brewery Tour Ride

Hybrid View

Yuengling Brewery Tour Ride

Has there been any discussion on a group ride to take a tour of the original Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville as it's only about 30 miles from the fair grounds.

Riding Geek
    I hadn't realized it was so close. I was planning on a run to Lancaster, which has a another smaller beer maker, the Lancaster Brewing Company, but Yuengling would be fun too.

Here is a nice loop to and from Pottsville.

If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

It is a fun tour and I suggest capping it off with a meal at the diner down the hill from the factory.
    Mark Austin
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Knights of the Roundel

On my list

Thanks, This is now on my list of must do rides.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaust01 View Post
    It is a fun tour and I suggest capping it off with a meal at the diner down the hill from the factory.
    I agree withthe tour part but our experience at the diner about a year ago wasn't great. Food was ok but nothing special. Service was less than desireable.

I suggest riding a little further down the road to the Port Clinton Hotel. Oh, and order the Gravy Fries! You can also stop in and say Hi to the gang at Hermy's which is a few doors down.

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    I agree with the tour part but our experience at the diner about a year ago wasn't great. Food was ok but nothing special. Service was less than desireable.

I suggest riding a little further down the road to the Port Clinton Hotel. Oh, and order the Gravy Fries! You can also stop in and say Hi to the gang at Hermy's which is a few doors down.
    Order a small because a small is a typical large at other places. Don't forget the sweet shop next door and of course Hermys BMW ought to be busy.

Train buffs could eat at the Tamaqua Train Station ..... in the town of Tamaqua. In Port Clinton travel behind Hermys and see the train station next to the community park area ( this was once a canal boat harbor ).

Another nice town is Jim Thorpe but you could spend all day there.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance