Thread: Badly needed dealership to open in Va.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.

Badly needed dealership to open in Va.

Western Virginia and Southern West Virginia needs this since Hammersley closed in Lynchburg,

Motorcycle dealership to open in Salem

By Amanda Codispoti | The Roanoke Times

An old Salem gas station is getting a makeover and will soon be a high-end motorcycle dealership.

The former gas station at the intersection of Electric Road and Roanoke Boulevard is on its way to becoming Frontline Eurosports, said Hugh Huff, who owns Frontline Motorsports in Christiansburg.

Huff owns the building at 1003 Electric Road. He is renovating and expanding it to include a showroom with hardwood floors and a customer lounge. He's also adding a service shop to the back of the property. He will use the car wash to clean motorcycles and for storage, he said.

When the renovations and expansion are complete, the dealership will be 12,000 square feet, Huff said.

Frontline Eurosports will sell BMW and Triumph motorcycles and Vespa scooters. It will be only the third BMW motorcycle dealer in the state, Huff said. There are also dealers in Chesapeake and Fredericksburg.

Work on the buildings began in late May. Huff said he hopes to have the dealership open in December.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

D-Mac
    Good news!

I recently visited a Triumph/BMW dealership in Utah and it was a nice combo of bikes and gear. Triumph is attracting a lot of young buyers these days (hell, the S1000RR is doing it too for BMW). I bet a lot of new Triumph 800 owners will be considering a GS within a couple of years.....

I really like some of the Triumph gear too. Check out their mesh gloves if you haven't - they ROCK.

-Dean

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    Western Virginia and Southern West Virginia needs this since Hammersley closed in Lynchburg,

Motorcycle dealership to open in Salem

By Amanda Codispoti | The Roanoke Times

An old Salem gas station is getting a makeover and will soon be a high-end motorcycle dealership.

The former gas station at the intersection of Electric Road and Roanoke Boulevard is on its way to becoming Frontline Eurosports, said Hugh Huff, who owns Frontline Motorsports in Christiansburg.

Huff owns the building at 1003 Electric Road. He is renovating and expanding it to include a showroom with hardwood floors and a customer lounge. He's also adding a service shop to the back of the property. He will use the car wash to clean motorcycles and for storage, he said.

When the renovations and expansion are complete, the dealership will be 12,000 square feet, Huff said.

Frontline Eurosports will sell BMW and Triumph motorcycles and Vespa scooters. It will be only the third BMW motorcycle dealer in the state, Huff said. There are also dealers in Chesapeake and Fredericksburg.

Work on the buildings began in late May. Huff said he hopes to have the dealership open in December.

I've been watching construction at that site for some time. Didn't see the Roanoke Times article, but am aware of the new dealership. I thought Frontline was also going to offer Aprilia and Guzzi there?
    Hank Pfister
    Copper Hill, VA
    pfestus1@yahoo.com
    2007 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 1984 R100RS/Motovation.
    www.twinvalleyriders.com

BMW and Triumph are a good mix. Engle Motors in Kansas City started as BMW and Triumph in 1956 and have been ever since.***

*** Even in the years Triumph was more or less out of business Engles had a huge inventory of Triumph/BSA/Norton parts and did service and parts sales on existing bikes.

When Triumph revived they started selling the new bikes again. They still service old BMWs and old Triumphs too.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    BMW and Triumph are a good mix. Engle Motors in Kansas City started as BMW and Triumph in 1956 and have been ever since.***

*** Even in the years Triumph was more or less out of business Engles had a huge inventory of Triumph/BSA/Norton parts and did service and parts sales on existing bikes.

When Triumph revived they started selling the new bikes again. They still service old BMWs and old Triumphs too.
    Our current closest dealership in Greensboro, NC. has both BMW and Triumph. They seem to compliment each other rather than compete against each other.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Good luck to him. It's a tough business & I hope he succeeds at it!

--chiba
    --
    - '05 R1200GS - '98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -