Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Women Who Ride!

Quote Originally Posted by suecanada View Post
    I too enjoy the Women Who Ride seminar and try not to miss it! This year's was no exception!!! After that I went away to the oil change venue where I volunteer and got to tell and help a guy airhead rider how to change his oil for his first time! That's a first! The seminars are empowering!!!!! Oh yeah....errr....so I learn something each time at Paul's tech session seminars too. Thanks Paul!!

I can't believe that I missed Ardy's over 4 days??!! She must have been hiding under the one tree in the shade??!! Or I was walking with my head down too much thinking cool thoughts!
    I got the coolest thank you note from someone who said her favorite speaker was MicroSleep Woman! Thanks for sharing what could be a life saving experience!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Thanks!

Aw shucks, Voni, t'was nothin'. LOL!! Actually, I'm like you...nervous but I figured it was worth it to maybe save someone from my mistakes. "Just get outta this chair and do it"!! Do you ever sorta can't remember what you said? Probably because of the nervousness thing. Apologies to Dr. Don Arthur!!!

Just wanted to publicly thank our panelists and share a little of the fun we had. When Karen Thompson and Alisa Clickenger (of AVID Tours for women) couldn't make it to Bloomsburg because of family issues, I asked Muriel Farrington to fill in. She was able to share some of the joys of being a club official, and how you too can represent us. We are really blessed to have great women doing just that locally and nationally in our BMW MOA.

Melissa Pierson, author of one of my favorite books of all time, THE PERFECT VEHICLE read to us from her upcoming book THE MAN WHO WOULD STOP AT NOTHING
    http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-393-07904-3

Susanna Parkhouse shared some of her travel adventures in farflung places:

Mary Delorey gave one of the best presentations I've ever heard from the pillion perspective.

Fresh from Camp G.E.A.R.S. our youngest panel member, Lisa Hatch shared her joy at moving to the rider position with just 50 or so miles under her belt. She's traveled cross country with her Mom, even has been a cover girl on the AMA magazine, but now she has a gorgeous Ninja of her own that she's training.

Rounding out the panel, Karen Jacobs, the instigator of our Women Who Ride area of our Forum and 2nd place Mileage Contest Winner for 2010 told us about riding to Alaska SOLO!

And as is traditional at the seminar, women from the audience shared their trials and triumphs with us who appreciate each most of all!

More pictures start here with our own Queen, H2W:

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/n...3DP1240012.jpg

Wish you'd been there too!

Voni
    sMiling

Last edited by Voni; 08-03-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    that Lisa Hatch rocks...
    thanks for asking her Voni, it was an honor!

Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    that Lisa Hatch rocks...
    thanks for asking her Voni, it was an honor!

She was delightful, Gail.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

We really do have a wonderful bunch of women in the MOA. It was our pleasure to meet many of you at the rally.
    Martin and Joanne.
    Volunteer Committee Co Chairs
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.