Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ride Reports forum

from Washington state. riding in the northwest has been a terrific experiance this summer into fall, the best pics from my lovely wife known as copilot and self......1st. Davenport north to Kettlefalls following the Columbia river, Colville east on hwy 20 to hwy31 left towards Canada to Metalinefalls, then around Sullivan lake,absolute marvil in spectacular view, then over to Sandpoint to Clarkfork to Tompson Falls.......2nd. Spokane east to CD'a turn south onhwy 97 following the Coeur d'Alene lake, another splendor, make your way to Lewiston ,south on 129 Rattlesnake caynon, motorcycle Heaven, to Enterprise Oregon, east to Joseph, then Wallowa lake with elk grazing at your feet all over, then east 3-4 miles hang right at halfway junction for a motorcyle journey 70 miles approx on a narrow pavement thru a national forest that is the best we have found without hicking, then acrossed the Brownlee Dam, awsome view closeup, hwy 71 at hwy 95 head north for a unbelieveable view following the Salmon river, be sure to stop in Riggins for freshly roasted coffee daily, the best we have tasted, then to LoLo pass hwy 12.....Enjoy the ride.matthew

Bruce_H

End of the storm

I live on the Oregon coast and ride here in the winter because it is warmer than other areas I like and because most of the tourists have gone home.

Saturday the storm was to end, still cloudy most of the morning and in the mid 40's. I headed south down the beach checking out the nooks and crannies along the way. By the time I hit Brookings the clouds had parted but still not much warmer, say maybe 50 or so. I headed East up the Smith River (just north of Cresent City, CA) a real nice drive thru the Red Woods, not much traffic always makes it nicer. About ten miles I crossed the river, I was going to take the back way into Cresent City but headed over the mountian instead. I checked with a the local teenagers and was assured the roads did come out on Hwy 199 so I wouldn't get lost. It wound along the river fifteen or so miles then headed up over the mountian. Nice rock road and not many pot holes, no one else here. The higher I got the more snow on the corners, I went as far as I could but without better traction there was just no way, so... Back down the mountian, its getting late and I am headed for home. 302 miles for the day with a high temp spike of 52 degrees. A nice day ride, after all this is only Janurary. I atached a pic, so we'll se if it comes thru.

Don't preview the pics when you attach and you should be OK.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Dutchman

A wee jaunt around Scotland......

Took a 160 mile jaunt around the Trossachs & Loch Earn today.......then called in to see CoolCarbon who thought a pic of a dirty Dutchman bike would be a rarity........:shock:

Needless to say, it's spotless again now......:wink:

'Bout time somebody did a fekkin' hugger for this bike.............?

Cheers

Dutch

Bruce_H

I'll try my pic again

see if this works
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    Either way, a Garmin not branded BMW is just as good and usually less expensive.
    Brad,

As far as I know, the only difference is that the BMW Navigator (Garmin SPIII) has the BMW dealer GPS locations installed.

Question: can these be updated and if so, can they also be downloaded from the unit to MapSource and then transfered to another Garmin unit?

I cannot figure out BMWs ahole mentality as to keeping the dealer GPS locations secretive. They should all be downloadable from the BMW Motorrad site for every country they operate in. Like they don't want me to know where their dealers are.

Daytona bound..

Well,the bike's all packed,just checkin'the weather maps,( temp is 8 below) and am ready to hop on,and fire theol'bumblebeemer up,and hopefully be in Daytona by the weekend. It's just shy of 1900 miles from my place,so the first couple of days're gonna be interesting. See ya down there Nose
    Nose

Bruce_H

Temp high

Sunday we had the high tempature for the state, 68 degrees, WOW!... Usually its rain this time of year however we will pay for it come summer, water problems, forest fires and next falll short on electricty. For now we do appreciate the spring flowers.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oznay
    Well,the bike's all packed,just checkin'the weather maps,( temp is 8 below) and am ready to hop on,and fire theol'bumblebeemer up,and hopefully be in Daytona by the weekend. It's just shy of 1900 miles from my place,so the first couple of days're gonna be interesting. See ya down there Nose
    Travel safe
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Bruce,

You really ought to submit that picture for the picture of the week. There's a link on the main MOA page.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Trailer Week

Well kids,am happy to report that I RODE every inch of the way t'Daytona,and back,coverin'just a tick less than 5000 miles,and when i got home,and looked out towards the river,counted 6 vehicles parked on the river ice fishing. Was a blast,screamin'past the loaded trucks,with full dressers,bein'carefully transported,so they wouldn't get dirty,and perish the thought of actually RIDNG them,i mean,the weather has to be suitable for muscle shirts'n'shorts,no?
    Getting stranded for 3 nights,waitin'out a late season snow storm only added to the overall adventure. This was my third time attendin';the goings on at Daytona,and I'm proud t'say,I RODE,each and every time,and in 2 weeks,I'll be celebrating my 60th B/day....Nose
    ps,if i could figure out how t'add pics,i would,cuz i've got some dandy's...
    Nose

Way to go! Sounds like a fabulous trip.

Dan

I can vouch for Oznay making it to BCubed. What stories he had to tell!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

nose kix booty

nose - if i had a hat, it would be off in your honor.
    you r one crazy dude (i mean that with all respect).
    with the lack of authority divested in me as el dookey i dub thee King O' The Rounders. which doesn't mean a heck of lot come payday, but who knows you might get a coffee mug or a sticker or something.
    good on you and you winter ride. so, you gonna expand on the 3 days stranded part of the story or are we supposed to imagine?
    ps - adding pics is easy. in fact there is a how to thread in the "how do i?" department. we want pics...we want pics....we want pics....
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

Stranded...

undefined
    Well,on the return ride,I ran into a wall of snow,( heavy wet stuff) which required wipin'my face shield'bout every 10 seconds,and the inside was not only foggin'up,but icin'up as well. After 10 miles,I came to a toll booth,and the woman there said I was in the worst of it ( yeah,right), and that I'd be out of it in 19 miles? Anyway,70 miles later, I did get out of the snow,but by then it was gettin'dark,and I'd had enough,so grabbed a room,in Tomah, Wisconsin. I woke up in the middle of the night,flipped the Weather Channel on,and noticed a band of white,from Minneapolis,right'cross where I was,and when I opened the drapes,I saw'bout 3 inches of the white stuff,coverin'the ground. it snowed all night,and the next day,to the tune of over a foot,so, goin'anywhere would've been suicide,therefore, i was forced to stay till it blew over,then was able to continue,and made it home that night. IF I can attach some pics,I will. If not,I'll have to get a third grader over t'show me what t'do...Nose

ps. guess I'll have to make a call,and get that 3rd gradewr over,and walk me thru the process of downsizin'my pic...
    Nose