Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New Ride Reports forum

Manfred
    Cactuspat - we're meeting at Kott's Cafe at 11 AM. I am NW Harris County. It would wonderful to have you meet with us. Let me know - I have a nice route planned.

cactuspat
    I do not have GPS but on the map it looks to be 400 mile round trip from here,that is a little to far for lunch,but thank you for the invite , maybe when you come south or west we can meet up Cactus Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by cactuspat View Post
    I do not have GPS but on the map it looks to be 400 mile round trip from here,that is a little to far for lunch,but thank you for the invite , maybe when you come south or west we can meet up Cactus Pat.
    And you call yourself a Texan I've ridden that far for a haircut!

Just kiddin' ya know? Not so much on the haircut part however!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Manfred
    I don't blame ya. I've backed out on long rides for chow before.

I will be planning a Saturday ride into the La Grange area for March. Stay tuned

cactuspat
    La Grange sounds good let me know when you are planning to ride there Pat.

staciebug2923

Brave people

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfelton View Post
    I rode Saturday Ice both feet as stabilizers ....
    I don't live far from you, as soon as I get a few hands to help stabalize, I will try to brave the ice in front of the shop. Nice bike! Are you coming to the meeting tomorrow in post falls? Or to dinner in spokane?

staciebug2923

Talking not fair

All of you are making me ashamed that I live in Texas,I went for a 340 mile ride Sat. It was in the low thirty s when I departed,but quickly warmed up mid 60;s to the low 70;s for most of the day. I guess I will shunned for now on.

I would still be riding if i could get my bike out! I will be in Texas in march, maybe I will stop by to give you a swift kick in the rear for making me jealous... just kidding, Have fun riding, I will start catching up in spring.

I don't live far from you, as soon as I get a few hands to help stabalize, I will try to brave the ice in front of the shop. Nice bike! Are you coming to the meeting tomorrow in post falls? Or to dinner in spokane?
    Staciebug nice meeting great to see you there, what did you think about the tire plug class at the meeting missed you at dinner it was great....matthew

staciebug2923

Unhappy fun times

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfelton View Post
    Staciebug nice meeting great to see you there, what did you think about the tire plug class at the meeting missed you at dinner it was great....matthew
    I had a great time at the meeting, I went to dinner with Chris, Jackie and some others. I am glad I know how to plug a tire now. I almost got my bike out but it died in the mud, haven't been able to move it out all the way. I was just in a car accident today, I don't know if I will be able to ride. A drunk man fell into the street, thought he was dead, not very fun to see but I didn't hit him.

are you ok, what happened and if you cant ride it sounds serious....matthew,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by matthewfelton; 02-13-2009 at 07:20 AM.

staciebug2923

Unhappy car wreck

A homeless man fell into the road on division under the railroad bridge, I had to hit the brakes to avoid him, and got rear ended. He looked dead at first, but turned out to be okay. My neck hurts but my shoulders are getting better already. The gal who hit me had no insurance.... there goes my tax return.

Staciebug well at least your ok and no one died, if you need a car we have a spare...matthew

staciebug2923

Smile thank you

I have a little truck to use, and I pulled my beemer out of storage so I have transportation. It is quite cold on my motorcycle, I will have to wait til it's in the 40's to ride.

Hi everyone,
    I've been a member for a couple of years, but am still new to posting here. Staciebug, that must have been really nerve wracking! Glad you're OK.

I live in VT and I decided to take my RT in yesterday (2/27) for the annual service (still under warranty) while the roads and my driveway were ice free. The temp was around 42F, had gotten to 50F earlier, it was now dark, raining and the crosswind was blowing an honest 50mph! Not as hairy as what most of you have done, but for a returning newbie it was wild!

That was the first of many rides of the year.
    Cheers!
    Rich
    Ride Safe

Quote Originally Posted by bgoin View Post
    Has anyone ridden the bourbon tour in KY? With the planning that has been done so far we will be going through towns like Harrodsburg, Perryville, Lebanon, Bardstown, Clements, Lawrenceburg, Frankfort, etc. using back roads as we make our way to the various bourbon distillers. I know we will be doing some riding on Hwy 127 & 68 as IÔÇÖve been told those were great historical roads to travel. IÔÇÖm looking for any information of places we shouldnÔÇÖt miss, any suggested routes; great out of the way places to eat, etc. Also what kind of weather should we expect in mid May? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I have not ridden the tour on my bike but have visited many of the sites, be sure to include Makers Mark, Buffalo Trace & Woodford Reserve (Brown Foreman)