Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rally Food Vendors

Rally Food Vendors

Since most of the food vendor preparations are complete, I figured it was time to send out a few updates so folks are aware of the options that will be available during the rally.

Farmer's Market

We will have representatives from the downtown Bloomsburg Farmer's Market on-site both Thursday and Friday. Their hours will be from ~9:00am to 1:00pm and they will be located in front of the Antique Farm Museum along the 5th Street pedestrian walkway. If you need a reliable landmark, they will be right across the street from the army tank.

They will be selling fresh fruits and vegetables, breads, herbs and maybe a few other items.

On Saturday, they will be set-up at their normal location of 203 West Main Street, just a few blocks east of the Fairgrounds. My understanding is that this location will be a stop on the shuttle bus route. We tried to get the group to vend on-site for Saturday but they just don't have the resources to operate at two locations simultaneously.
    I like bananas 'cause they ain't got bones!

Food Vendors

As you ride into the Fairgrounds, it will be hard to miss the long line of food vendors stretched out in front of you between E and F Avenues. The first two are directly behind the bandshell and will be offering pizza, calzones, sausage, cheesesteaks and other foods until 11:00pm.

The next batch of food vendors is located adjacent to the beer tent / Libery Hall and will be serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. These are the larger vendors that will be ofering tables and chairs under their tents. You can buy your morning coffee along with breakfast or walk across E Avenue to the free MOA coffee in Liberty Hall. There will be buffet-style breakfasts, egg sandwiches, pancakes, and ala carte items in the morning.

In this section, you'll find pig roast, chicken & waffles, subs, TastyKakes, wraps, sticky buns and plenty of other meal and dessert offerings. Most of these vendors won't be open late since they need to be back the next morning at 06:00 for breakfast.
    Last edited by fauster; 07-07-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Moving on down the line, you'll find a great collection of classic fair faire: Cajun-infused burgers & sausage, chicken wings, funnel cakes, Texas hot dogs, pierogies, gyros, fresh-cut fries, Angus beef burgers, roasted sweet corn-on-the-cob, fresh-squeezed lemonade, hot beef and seasoned chicken sandwiches.

On the healthier side, you'll also find Asian crunch salad (with or without chicken), Mongolian BBQ (stir fry) and fresh tomato sandwiches.

For dessert, there will be apple & peach dumplings, pies, ice cream, sundaes and shakes. Did I mention the deep fried Oreos?

There will also be a couple of food vendors on the 5th Street pedestrian walkway. On one side of the army tank will be an ice cream vendor using a hit & miss engine to churn their cream.

And on the other side of the army tank will be the German Corner. This vendor is joining us from Indiana and has serviced the MOA at the Ohio, Wisconsin and Tennessee rallies. Stop by for brats, potato salad, sauerkraut and German desserts.

Why is it that all of a sudden I'm starving!

Snack Vendors

Finally, there will be four snack vendors located outside the commercial vendor and exhibit buildings. You'll be able to grab a drink, peanuts, popcorn, nachos, candy and ice cream without having to walk back to the main food vendor area.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fauster View Post
    Snack Vendors

Finally, there will be four snack vendors located outside the commercial vendor and exhibit buildings. You'll be able to grab a drink, peanuts, popcorn, nachos, candy and ice cream without having to walk back to the main food vendor area.
    WOW!

The Rally hasn't even started, and the Food Vendor Chair deserves a Blue Ribbon!

Nice selection!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Thumbs up Wow

It sounds like the Bloomsburg Fair but someone is bringing motorcycles.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

If you are out riding there are local Farmers Markets

FARMERS MARKETS
    Date & Time: July 1, 2011 thru October 31, 2011:
    -
    Benton FarmerÔÇÖs Market, Rt 487, Green Acres Rd, Benton. 925-2690 Fri & Sat, 10am-3pm. Local artisans, fresh produce. Colonel Ricketts hard cider.

Bloomsburg Market Square, Tue, Thu, Sat, 7am-1pm, June thru October. Locally grown produce & bakery items. 784-2522

Eagles Mere Farmers Market, Village Green, Wednesdays, beginning early June into September, 9am-1pm. 525-3963

Forks Farm Market, 299 Covered Bridge Rd, Orangeville, 2nd & 4th Saturdays, Jun-Nov, 10am-3pm. Farm fresh goods from local farmers. 683-5820

The Marketplace @ 10th Street Plaza, 95 E. 10th St, Bloomsburg, Wed thru Sun,9am-6pm. Indoor/outdoor co-op and auction house. Produce & outdoor vendors Saturday & Sunday. 401-8845

The Moose Exchange, 203 W. Main St, Bloomsburg, Saturdays, 10am-2pm year round. Local vendors selling meats, produce, dairy, baked goods, soups, coffees as well as art, craft, wool, and more. 317-2596

Ponduce Farm Market, 270 White Church Rd, (off Rt 42) Numidia Mon-Tue-Thur 8am-7pm; Fri-Sat 8am-8am; Sun 8am-6pm. Fresh baked goods, fresh produce, fresh cut beef & pork, Homemade deli. 799-5888

RohrbachÔÇÖs Farm Market, Rt 487, Catawissa, Apr-Dec, Mon-Fri 9am-6pm; Sat 9am-5pm. Closed Sundays. Locally grown produce. 356-7654

Schoolhouse Garden Market, 108 School House Rd, Bloomsburg. Specializing in seasonal produce, bulk items, deli and gift baskets. Open year round. 387-0551

WhitenightÔÇÖs Farm Market & Greenhouse, 1500 Sunbury Road, Danville. Mon-Fri 9am-6pm; Sat 9am-5pm; Sun Noon-5pm thru Nov 1. Farm fresh produce, Seasonal Plants , Homemade Pies. 275-4690
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    FARMERS MARKETS
    The Moose Exchange, 203 W. Main St, Bloomsburg, Saturdays, 10am-2pm year round. Local vendors selling meats, produce, dairy, baked goods, soups, coffees as well as art, craft, wool, and more. 317-2596
    This is the group that will be vending inside the fence on Thursday & Friday.

I almost forgot - we'll have a fresh-squeezed lemonade - orangeade vendor set-up next to the registration tent so you can cool off while checking in or visiting the living history exhibits.

Curses! The Mongolian BBQ guy just cancelled on us.

If you're keeping track, I'll be moving the German Corner tent from next to the army tank to the main line of food vendors.

The best laid plans...

Quote Originally Posted by fauster View Post
    Curses! The Mongolian BBQ guy just cancelled on us.

If you're keeping track, I'll be moving the German Corner tent from next to the army tank to the main line of food vendors.

The best laid plans...
    Thats too bad he has a great setup, just looking at his work one would try it.

Its a tough weekend, Danville has its Heritage Days, Orangeville, Benton and Hughesville are having fairs. Too many food options.

Great! It looks like there will be choices for vegetarians. :-)
    Marilyn Roberts
    F800R, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    Add about 1100 to my post count

How disappointing that there's no Fuji island cuisine
    Last edited by nplenzick; 07-14-2011 at 11:15 AM.