Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Speeding in PA

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARRYL CAINEY View Post
    Also in PA when you get to a stop sign and it's hot out, don't flip up you shield if you don't have sunglasses on or you can get a ticket for no eye protection.
    Even if you are not moving!
    I can't believe that is common practice at all, just a rouge cop trying to throw his "power" around.

Probably has a manhood problem.

What I learned from my ticket in PA was that the state troopers are the only leo's using radar, once you get off their turf don't expect your radar detector to pick up a speed trap.

In my case I was trapped by a team of two local leos - one clocking over distance - and another up ahead in a car they radio ahead to for the pull over.

That said, I fought the ticket and got my moving violation changed to a simple failure to produce proof of insurance.

-tp
    '11 F800R

Clay
    Quote Originally Posted by Teepke View Post
    What I learned from my ticket in PA was that the state troopers are the only leo's using radar, once you get off their turf don't expect your radar detector to pick up a speed trap.

In my case I was trapped by a team of two local leos - one clocking over distance - and another up ahead in a car they radio ahead to for the pull over.

That said, I fought the ticket and got my moving violation changed to a simple failure to produce proof of insurance.

-tp
    Correct ..however be aware of these as well..

http://answers.google.com/answers/th...id/328584.html

gardner17756

local speed enforcement

A lot of the regional and local police departments use the Enradd system. For those not familiar with Enradd a tall tail sign is the contraptions set up on each side of the roadway that have the appearance of being a runners hurdle. While easy to spot during the day the system works just as effectively at night. The Williamsport police department uses this system to monitor I180 within the borough limits.

http://www.yisinc.com/enradd.asp