Thread: Veteran BMW Riders Club Cookout

Veteran BMW Riders Club Cookout

I have been receiving several emails from military veterans and family members asking if I was going to be hosting the Veteran BMW Riders club cookout this year at the BMW MOA Rally. The answer is yes I will be hosting this cookout at the rally on Friday July 22 starting at 5:30 pm. This is a free meal to all US and a Foreign Veterans and familyÔÇÖs member until the food runs out. I will try to set up shop in the Chartered Club camping area look Veteran BMW Riders Logo. Bring your chairs.
    Michael Johnston
    Founder: Veteran BMW Riders Name Change to: BMW Club Veteran Riders international
    www.veteranbmwriders.org

Thanks for doing this Michael. I hope to see you there.
    Bob Smith
    '98 R1200C
    '80 XS850 Special
    '05 Rocket III

Smile

Michael, I think we met at the Rally in Grey, TN. Met many Vets there and will be happy to attend the gathering in Bloomsburg.
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

The club camping area has a tank and you might be able to set up there, its a great location. Its south on the farm museum and north of the band shell. The Beer Tent area I think is right of this photo.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

You may wish to contact the local VFW for help.

The local VA in Wilkes-Barre does a great job with Outreach ..... check with volunteer services.

Don't forget we have WW 2 reenactors at this rally, some of them maybe Vets.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Statedawg
    Thanks for the heads up about the location. I also feel more comfortable when tanks are around. I will try my best to be in that area but like ever place else it is how gets there first.
    Michael Johnston
    Founder: Veteran BMW Riders Name Change to: BMW Club Veteran Riders international
    www.veteranbmwriders.org

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    The club camping area has a tank and you might be able to set up there, its a great location. Its south on the farm museum and north of the band shell. The Beer Tent area I think is right of this photo.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

You may wish to contact the local VFW for help.

The local VA in Wilkes-Barre does a great job with Outreach ..... check with volunteer services.

Don't forget we have WW 2 reenactors at this rally, some of them maybe Vets.
    hmmm.... looks like that tank is right where I wanted to put our tent. We'll move. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Tanks

Quote Originally Posted by vetbmwrider View Post
    Statedawg
    Thanks for the heads up about the location. I also feel more comfortable when tanks are around. I will try my best to be in that area but like ever place else it is how gets there first.
    The last time I was inside a tank was aty the Citadel in 1965. My buddy Rock and I blew it up with 4 sticks of dynamite.

See you old farts at dinner.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post
    The last time I was inside a tank was aty the Citadel in 1965. My buddy Rock and I blew it up with 4 sticks of dynamite.

See you old farts at dinner.
    The Superintendent of the Bloomsburg School District is a Citadel graduate if that helps with local resources ? ..........boots on the ground.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

angysdad
    Micheal...I sent you a PM.

vBMWr dinner

Hey Michael,
    First met you at West Bend, my first and only rally so far. Will look forward to connecting all in PA.

Mike
    MOA, ABC, PGR
    76 R90/6
    93 R100R Legend

Quote Originally Posted by angysdad View Post
    Micheal...I sent you a PM.
    For some reason this new software will not let PM back anyone. Or I am still in the Dog house
    Michael Johnston
    www.veteranbmwriders.org

Thumbs up LZ Recon July 8th 2011

The site is in front of the Farm Museum and Freedom Hall. The grass is very nice and still green for this time of year.

There is a power pole that has four of those washer and dryer sockets and two house hold item sockets for blenders to air conditioners.

You are far enough from the Band Shell but in bottle rocket range if need be. This would make a nice area to defend ..... oh that is Liberty Hall to the left.

For those who are interested in coming to this club function, for the .free food and drinks all branches of service. I am located next to the Farm Museum near the M-60 tank, and the kids pool
    Michael Johnston
    www.veteranbmwriders.org

Just a reminder about tonight. Bring something to sit on.
    Michael Johnston
    www.veteranbmwriders.org

Nice thing to do.

I served so long ago ('76-'80) that I often forget I am a veteran. Seriously.