Thread: High Country Sierra's:)

High Country Sierra's:)

My beloved high country is beginning to thaw out, with its tremendous snow falls this past Winter. Keiser Pass is open to Mono Hot Springs/Florence Lake, with much ice still, but open. LOTs of snow still exists and will not go away this year. Tioga Pass in YosemiteNP is still closed I think, but those road guys should be very close by now to opening day. 14'(feet) on the roads up there was still present, just two weeks ago. Should make a great ride soon, maybe for my depart Cal., for the East this year. I love the YosemiteNP Exit California thing, as I live closeby. Huge water runoffs(from snowpack) are a concern here too, as in some other parts of the USA. Rivers are very dangerous in these times, but make great photo ops., Randy

i hope the Foresthill Divide is open within a couple weeks....

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Just don't know?

The Cal/Nev Sierra's got so much snow this year, unlike any I've seen in my 32 years out here. Its so pretty, but also very troublesome to travel the less travelled byways of backcountry this year. Skiing into July is nearly unprecidented. Most Sierra/Nevada road passes will be open soon enough now, but snow is ever present right along the edges of the roadways, deep still! I'm counting my days to depart now, with great anticipation of my beloved adventures. This should be a swell year out there. Happy Trails, Randy