Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KY: Pickup tries to run motorcycle off the road

KY: Pickup tries to run motorcycle off the road

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/27/p...t-off-the-road

anyone know any L.E.O.s in Kentucky (Bracken County) that could investigate this? The guy on the bike needs a ticket but the guy in the truck needs some jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonS View Post
    http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/27/p...t-off-the-road

anyone know any L.E.O.s in Kentucky (Bracken County) that could investigate this? The guy on the bike needs a ticket but the guy in the truck needs some jail time.
    Unbelieveable...Some real sick-o's out there.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

ghostridery2k
    This is some crazy ****, few years a go i was in similar situation with crazy soccer mom in the mini van. Only thing i had to do allow her to come up close enough so i can reach and touch her vehicle(happen in lower speeds then the video posted),at this point me and her car make contact = accident,she was arrested for several moving volition including fallowing to close, improper lane usage,failing to slow down and avoiding accident,leaving place of accident and assault with motor vehicle.

cars suck.

Angry

What is even more amazing is the people that post support for the idiot truck driver!
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception."
    James Thurber

Its obviously a thrill to fly

Its apparent that the road is a thrill ride for bikers, before the guys even encounter the pick up they were doing around 70-80mph in my estimation. I think ALL involved are IDIOTS and the two guys on bikes could have just as easily killed somebody walking down the road, crossing the street, backing out of their driveway or simply checking their mail box. Unfortunately STUPIDITY is not a crime so the bikers are free to find another road to burn up and the red neck in the pick up can go on and try to run over more guys on bikes. Cops won't touch it because all parties are wrong. Oh and if the guy in the pick up didn't consent to the audio recording the guy doing the recording can find some hot (invasion of privacy) water rising up to very uncomfortable levels.

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
    In my opinion, this incident goes way beyond the writing of a few traffic tickets.
    Whether this was staged or not, all 3 of these people deserve some jail time and some hefty fines and lawyers fees for what they did.
    I agree.

Cool

Wow, what a video. If I had seen this happen in front of me here is what I would have done.

1. Arrest all 3 for Reckless Driving. "Reckless" is defined as "the willful and wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property". Since all 3 demonstrated extreme disregard for the safety of others I would have arrested them for "reckless". "Reckless" is a class A Misdemeanor punishable by up to 1 year in jail and/or a fine not to exceed $2500.00.

2. Arrested the pick-up driver for an additional charge of Aggravated Assault. If you watch the end of the video you see the pick-up driver carrying what looks like a pipe or club walking aggressively toward one the riders. Aggravated Assault is defined as an act that makes another person have a reasonable apprehension of receiving a battery and is a class A Misdemeanor which carries a penalty of up to 1 year in jail and/or a fine of up to $2500.

3. Towed the 2 bikes and the pick-up. This would add another $150.00 or so onto each of their bills.

4. Confiscate (not returnable) the video camera as evidence because it was used by one the perpetrators in the comission of a crime.

In my opinion, this incident goes way beyond the writing of a few traffic tickets. Whether this was staged or not, all 3 of these people deserve some jail time and some hefty fines and lawyers fees for what they did.
    +1 !
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

4. Confiscate (not returnable) the video camera as evidence because it was used by one the perpetrators in the comission of a crime.
    why confiscate? should they also confiscate their helmets? watches? the bikes? I don't agree with government taking anyones property that was not gotten by illegal means. (I can understand taking a drug dealer speed boat that was purchased with drug money).

why confiscate? should they also confiscate their helmets? watches? the bikes? I don't agree with government taking anyones property that was not gotten by illegal means. (I can understand taking a drug dealer speed boat that was purchased with drug money).
    I think he means they used it to record their exploits like those morons who record themselves ripping off houses.

To brag and to post it on YouTube...

If you are caught poaching fish you lose your gear. Boat, Hook Line and Sinker too!

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    I saw some stupid acts, but only one that was malicious and tried to intentionally cause a serious accident. Just saying...........................

Easy Rider

Some motorcyclists need to go see Easy Rider. You don't mess with pickup trucks; too many are occupied by violent maniacs.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    I think he means they used it to record their exploits like those morons who record themselves ripping off houses.

To brag and to post it on YouTube...

If you are caught poaching fish you lose your gear. Boat, Hook Line and Sinker too!
    but a video is not a necessary part of the illegal activity with a camera. Again, one could use that reasoning to take a persons watch (what time they were riding), the cell phone (that they used to call each other before the ride and to call the police), all their gear, etc. And the same could be used on you if you ever get pulled over for speeding or running a stop sign or illegal lane change, etc.. That is way to much power for government.

If they can document that the guys on the bike were speeding and breaking laws (seems fairly obvious to me) on the bikes they should pay the price but they should pay the appropriate price. Taking personal property would be unreasonable in this instance.
    Last edited by DamonS; 06-02-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: shouldn't to should

If they can document that the guys on the bike were speeding and breaking laws (seems fairly obvious to me) on the bikes they should pay the price but the shouldn't pay the appropriate price. Taking personal property would be unreasonable in this instance.

"they should pay the price but the shouldn't pay the appropriate price."
    What's that mean?

Anyway, beats me I'm not a lawyer. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    "they should pay the price but the shouldn't pay the appropriate price."
    What's that mean?

Anyway, beats me I'm not a lawyer. Are you?
    Typo . They should

Not a lawyer. Thinking that is a problem with our society; having to be a lawyer when common sense should do.
    Last edited by DamonS; 06-02-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Ok Damon, again if I had witnessed this from my patrol car and was arresting all 3subjects I would be well within my right to confiscate any property that was "used in or resulting from the commission of a crime". Being that the video camera was "used in" the documenting/recording of this crime I would be able to confiscate it.

Now, if after the trial the judge wanted to return it (I expect he would), that would be fine with me but it would not be returnable until after the trial. Maybe I should have made that more clear.

Thanks
    That makes more sense. Although I would think all you would need is the memory card.