Thread: Garmin

Bluestar

Garmin

I am looking to get a new GPS (at this time probably a zumo 220) and want to as a question.

If I get the FM traffic thing that seems to work with all of the zumo devices will the device give me an alternate route around heavy traffic? I can see that it will notify me of traffic but I just want to know if it will give me options or just let me know.

anyone who has one with the FM traffic installed please let me know.

Thanks,

Certifiable User Mike_Philippens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar View Post
    I am looking to get a new GPS (at this time probably a zumo 220) and want to as a question.

If I get the FM traffic thing that seems to work with all of the zumo devices will the device give me an alternate route around heavy traffic? I can see that it will notify me of traffic but I just want to know if it will give me options or just let me know.

anyone who has one with the FM traffic installed please let me know.

Thanks,
    I have a Garmin in the car with the traffic information thing. You can set it up to just show you that there is traffic on your route, or to avoid traffic. There is a standard menu with all the things you want to avoid, like toll roads, closed roads, and also 'traffic'.

When you see the traffic icon on your screen change colour (from green to yellow or red), you can press it and select 'avoid' to re-route you around the jam.
    -=- if you always see the road ahead of you, it's not worth the trip -=-

Bluestar

Thanks

Thanks for the answer, Mike.