Thread: Cooking with JetBoil!

Cooking with JetBoil!

My blast furnace JetBoil is a very fast water boiler, with its blowtorch flame! I just found a great aide for defuzing the torch, so other foods can be cooked without quickly burning the dinner all to carbon. Those sidestand plates, made of diamond plate aluminum at 4"X4" square, work absolutely perfect as a flame defuzer on the JetBoil and I can cook pancakes now, without them turning into frisbees, non edible things. Set the sidestand plate ON the JetBoil for your pan/griddle to sit on, works perfect. Randy

Great Tip, Randy.

Thanks
    2013 R1200 GSW

Riding is the art of throwing yourself at the ground and missing

Thanks for the jet boil tip.
    What kind of pancake are you making? We make omlets for breakfast on the jet boil fast and easy but I think that your tip will make a better omlet. What a better reason to go for a ride that to test out the jetboil skills.
    Tony
    We're not here for a long time
    We're here for a good time HUEY LEWIS

2007 R1200RT, 2003 F650CS

Rally Rat
    For years I have carried a metal electrical box cover plate. It makes a great diffuser for the Jet Boil, and I use it on my MSR Whisperlite as a base plate for my Espresso Maker. Last time I checked they are less than $1 at Home Depot

Thumbs up yay!

we're just thinking about getting a jetboil to save some space for a two-up trip. I was thinking, "just make coffee and get restaurant breakfast later." Thanx for the tip.
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by 26667 View Post
    "just make coffee and get restaurant breakfast later."
    Mmm, breakfast!

ride what you've got; enjoy the road you're on!

Reid - Stone Ridge, NY - MOA #69187 - Turbo Fluffy Motoclub - IBA #50182

I do this, cooking:)

Bisquick makes those neat little bottles of pancake mix, just add water, shake it up and pour'em out into your griddle. The defuzer idea , I just explored myself on a recent outing, with frustration of the JetBoil flame being sooooo hot and found it to work perfect for us camper chefs. Now I can eat better and still use the JetBoil for something other than boiled water and freeze dried foods in a bag. Randy.....PS; At least one other above has got the problem solved before me, great. I'm slow and have complained about the inability to cook with this JB. Not anymore.