Thread: Daily schedule at the Bloomsburg rally.

bmwboogie

Question Daily schedule at the Bloomsburg rally.

I am a new BMOA member and am thinking about attending the rally in Bloomsburg. I have been trying to find some sort of daily schedule of activities on line and cannot find quite what I am looking for. I would be able to attend Sat night and Sunday. Any help on where I can find a daily schedule? I have been on the BMOA wedsite and there is a lot of general information there but not what I am after.
    Last edited by bmwboogie; 06-01-2011 at 06:51 PM.

activities

At past rallies, a detailed booklet is distributed at on site check in. It has had activities in 15 minute increments, and more is there than you can do. I'm thinking that this is distributed on site maybe because the various seminars, lectures, demos, etc are not locked down until launch minus whatever hours.
    Many activities are repeated so if you can't make it at one time it will repeat later same day and maybe tomorrow.
    Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans
    John Lennon - Double Fantasy
    Today: 00 K1200LTC, 01 330Cic, 02 HD FLHT, 99 Valkyrie
    Yesterday: 03 K1200GT 99 K1200LT 03 R1150RT 00 R1100RS 85 K100 74 R90/6 73 Kawi H1

I believe a more detailed rally schedual will be on line closer to the event. There typically are many seminars, workshops, huge vendor areas, and rides during the days, and in the evening music, and beer garden activity. Food vendors on site with a variety of good food (usually). Saturday evening will be the closing cerimony and awarding of the major door and rafle prizes including some motorcycles. Sunday is largely packing up and heading home. Volunteers usually needed on Sunday for clean up and pack up. So the earlier you can get there on Sat the better. BMW will have the demo fleet there all days, but it is very popular.
    Hank Pfister
    Copper Hill, VA
    pfestus1@yahoo.com
    2007 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 1984 R100RS/Motovation.
    www.twinvalleyriders.com

bmwboogie
    Thanks for the information. It sounds like I should move my schedule up a day if possible.
    Last edited by bmwboogie; 06-01-2011 at 06:52 PM.

K 1200 S's have to be here on Thursday so plan accordingly.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    K 1200 S's have to be here on Thursday so plan accordingly.
    is that the open-track for drag racing day?

Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

bmwboogie
    Can't make Thursday but I will probably be there late Friday and attend all day on Saturday. Coming from NH and will go trough VT, and NY. About 370 miles according to Google maps.
    Last edited by bmwboogie; 06-01-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Low speed, high drag
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwboogie View Post
    Thanks for the information. It sounds like I should move my schedule up a day if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwboogie View Post
    Can't make Thursday but I will probably be there late Friday and attend all day on Saturday. Coming from NH and will go trough VT, and NY. About 370 miles according to Google maps.
    The Rally is definitely a case of, "Get there as soon as reasonably possible."

As has been posted, there are a ton of things to see and do. Never enough time...