Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: The Bloomsburg 1000

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2

    Bloomsburg1000

    Rob,

    Will there be an Official at the Official End of the Bloomsburg1000 to
    check in to and file your paper with.

  2. #32
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by ghardy View Post
    Rob,

    Will there be an Official at the Official End of the Bloomsburg1000 to
    check in to and file your paper with.
    Yes and no.

    To stop the clock we request that you get a timed receipt from any location in Bloomsburg. If you don't get a timed receipt you run the risk of having the clock run out while you're looking for the office or we're out to lunch, taking a potty break or had to close up for a few minutes for some crazy reason.

    Remember for timing it is the computer generated receipts that count, not witness forms. On a ride where you would need a start witness you can get this taken care of the night before you leave as it's the receipt that defines the start time.

    When you get to the rally site come to the IBA office with your bike and we'll witness there. Conversely you could ask any MOA Ambassador to be your witness except A) if you are an Ambassador or B) The Ambassador did the ride with you.

  3. #33
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Attn Springfield riders and folks coming in from the west; the Springfield Road Riders have made arrangements for a discounted rate at the Holiday Inn off I 44.

    SPRINGFIELD - I-44
    2720 NORTH GLENSTONE AVE SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI 65803 United States
    Hotel Front Desk: 1-417-865 8600 Hotel Fax: 1-417-862 9415

    There is a 24hr gas station with good receipts for your start witness.

    To get a special rate at the hotel please call the front desk and tell them you are with the Bloomsburg 1000. If they can't find the file the contact is:

    Candace Ledbetter
    Executive Meeting Manager
    Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites
    (417) 522-2671 - Direct Line

  4. #34
    RadRider radrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Weston, FL
    Posts
    73

    Rally Site Witness

    I was considering leaving from Jacksonville Saturday evening for an early evening arrival at the Rally site. Will there be an IBA office at the site for the witness that day or do we wait until the Rally opens.
    RadRider
    2014 S1000R,2014 Ural Gear Up, 2011 R1200RT, 2011 G650GS
    MOA #118928
    IBA # 46323

  5. #35
    IBA #44567 Ken F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SW, MO
    Posts
    1,181
    Rob;

    is it necessary for everyone to pre-register online or can they pay at the rally site?

    Thanks

    Ken Foster IBA#44567
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

  6. #36
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by jmirizarry View Post
    I was considering leaving from Jacksonville Saturday evening for an early evening arrival at the Rally site. Will there be an IBA office at the site for the witness that day or do we wait until the Rally opens.
    I will be at the rally site Monday helping with set-up. I'll be camping in the club camping area and running around in a gator (co chair of the 123 - sanitation committee) so if you find me I'll be happy to witness.

    Your witness form can be signed by any set-up volunteer but make sure you get their cell phone number in case we audit your ride.

  7. #37
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by 460Jetboat View Post
    Rob;

    is it necessary for everyone to pre-register online or can they pay at the rally site?

    Thanks

    Ken Foster IBA#44567
    Ken,

    Sorry but you need to pre-register. The certificates are printed in advance and shipped to the rally. We will not have a way to generate certificates on site.

  8. #38
    IBA #44567 Ken F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SW, MO
    Posts
    1,181
    Good deal Rob....Already registered.
    Thanks for the reply...question was for another clubmember who does not
    "computer".

    I'll get him registered. Thanks
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

  9. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3

    Avoid Appleton route through Chicago (traffic)

    Those of you who live in Chicago can attest the roads are quite congested, unless you're passing through at 1 AM. Starting Appleton, WI, heading north around 'da big Lake, down through MI, makes a prettier/scenic route, as well as keeping the MPH up.

    Someone else asked for tips because they haven't done this before. I believe the rule says "24 hours" and does not prohibit starting at 11 AM, driving for 10 hours, stopping at a hotel for a quickie 3 or 4 hour "nap," then waking at 3 AM to finish the ride. Much safer with a good nap! (please correct me if I'm misled)

    __ATGATT
    Dan

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17

    Route for IBA SS 1000 departing Rally Wed 6am?

    Where can I find route details for the IBA SS 1000 departing BMWMOA Rally Wed 6am?

    Do I need to preregister or can I register on Tuesday?

    Thanks,
    Chris Skor

  11. #41
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSkor View Post
    Where can I find route details for the IBA SS 1000 departing BMWMOA Rally Wed 6am?

    Do I need to preregister or can I register on Tuesday?

    Thanks,
    Chris Skor
    Hello Chris,

    You will need to register in advance as we will not have the capability of printing certificates on site.

    The "loop route" is as follows:

    Bloomsburg ÔÇô Akron, OH ÔÇô Wytheville, VA and back to Bloomsburg.

    Best,

    Rob Nye

  12. #42
    RadRider radrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Weston, FL
    Posts
    73
    If all goes as planned I should be arriving at Bloomsburg on Sunday, July 17. I will get the timed receipt to document the arrival. Will there be staff at the rally grounds that Sunday night to witness my ride? If not could this be witnessed by someone else like hotel front desk personnel, gas station attendant, etc?
    RadRider
    2014 S1000R,2014 Ural Gear Up, 2011 R1200RT, 2011 G650GS
    MOA #118928
    IBA # 46323

  13. #43
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by jmirizarry View Post
    If all goes as planned I should be arriving at Bloomsburg on Sunday, July 17. I will get the timed receipt to document the arrival. Will there be staff at the rally grounds that Sunday night to witness my ride? If not could this be witnessed by someone else like hotel front desk personnel, gas station attendant, etc?
    You don't need to get the arrival witness form filled out Sunday night but if you'd like to feel free.

    I'll be arriving at the rally by noon Monday. I should be relatively easy to find plus we'll be sending out a final email that will include my cell number.

  14. #44
    Registered User texanrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    870
    I got an email from the IBA about the pizza party since I'm already an IBA member.

    I want to register for the Jacksonville Bloomsburg IBA 1000 -- I'd like to confirm that participation in the Bloomsburg 1000 is for IBA members, too, and that we'll be included in the pizza party without registering separately as per the email for existing members.

    Thanks,
    John Huval
    IBA 39466
    Texan RT | Houston | IBA
    BMW R1200RT | HD Road Glide

  15. #45
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by TexanRT View Post
    I got an email from the IBA about the pizza party since I'm already an IBA member.

    I want to register for the Jacksonville Bloomsburg IBA 1000 -- I'd like to confirm that participation in the Bloomsburg 1000 is for IBA members, too, and that we'll be included in the pizza party without registering separately as per the email for existing members.

    Thanks,
    John Huval
    IBA 39466
    Absolutely! If you are already and IBA member by all means do the ride!

    Registration for the ride and the party are separate. If you register for the ride you'll automagically be registered for the party.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •