Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Bloomsburg 1000

Quote Originally Posted by TDCollins View Post
    Just signed up for Bloomsburg 1000 from Springfield (my first Iron Butt event).

I want to leave early on Saturday, July 16th, but the form indicates the earliest Start Date is Sunday, July 17th. When is the earliest Start Date for Springfield?

I also saw a note from March that the Springfield Roadriders are providing a start witness at the Holiday Inn in NE Springfield. Is that still on and when will the witness be available. Thinking of riding into Springfield from Kansas City to that Holiday Inn the day before.
    Please go ahead and plan your ride for a Saturday morning departure.

I'll get the form corrected ASAP, but I don't have direct access so it could be a day or to or three.

The official start time is anytime after 00:01 Saturday July 16th.

That's what only a few days more than a month away!

Is there a start date for Appleton? A start witness? Any suggestion on routes?

This will be my first Iron butt and could use some help, suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mhogge View Post
    start with a full tank and an empty bladder.

TD- If you will PM me I will either be there myself or will arrange for a SpfRR to be there as a start witness. Candice Ledbetter is a good contact at the Holiday Inn in Springfield also. Depending on how early you intend to leave she could sign for you or someone at the front desk.

At any rate let me know your plans and we can work from there.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by TDCollins View Post
    Just signed up for Bloomsburg 1000 from Springfield (my first Iron Butt event).

I want to leave early on Saturday, July 16th, but the form indicates the earliest Start Date is Sunday, July 17th. When is the earliest Start Date for Springfield?

I also saw a note from March that the Springfield Roadriders are providing a start witness at the Holiday Inn in NE Springfield. Is that still on and when will the witness be available. Thinking of riding into Springfield from Kansas City to that Holiday Inn the day before.
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Is there a start date for Appleton? A start witness? Any suggestion on routes?

Hello and welcome.

While we don't provide or require you to ride a specific route we will be requiring Appleton starters to get a receipt from a specific gas station in MI.

The start location was selected as many folks from Wisconsin preferred to ride over the Mackinac Bridge vs Chicago which is what I would suggest.

From there it's I75 to I80 and next thing you know you're rallying!

Thanks Rob

Which Gas Station would that be?

Thanks Rob

Which Gas Station would that be?
    I'm looking at a few along 75 north of 69.

I need to send a scout to get me a receipt then I can lock it in.

Best,

Rob Nye

Question 1000 ironbutt ride

ALAN here in S. Fl. I want to leave from Tamarac Fl ( this is home for me) 33319 on Sunday the 17th. Leaving from Jacksonville isn't even 1000 miles to Bloomsburg. What is that all about?? And what is with this WITNESS stuff all about? I thought all I needed was a gas station receipt from where I filled up before I started my adventure w/the date and time on it. Couldn't sign up on the form because it will not let me select MY date.

Quote Originally Posted by alanryucius View Post
    ALAN here in S. Fl. I want to leave from Tamarac Fl ( this is home for me) 33319 on Sunday the 17th. Leaving from Jacksonville isn't even 1000 miles to Bloomsburg. What is that all about?? And what is with this WITNESS stuff all about? I thought all I needed was a gas station receipt from where I filled up before I started my adventure w/the date and time on it. Couldn't sign up on the form because it will not let me select MY date.
    Alan, I originally had the same misgivings and communicated them to Rob Nye. I went back and re-audited the mileage and compared it to my real world mileage in May that covered basically the first half of the trip on the most direct route possible up the east coast of FL. I couldn't find a way to do it from Jax in under 1000 miles upon closer scrutiny.

Refer back to our exchange from about posts #8 to about # 10 or so in this thread.

I've done one SS100 so far. For a witness just find a colleague or LEO that you know that will be working the shift when you plan to depart. In my case it was as simple as getting a former colleague at Canaveral Port Authority where I used to work who would be on the overnight shift at my 0330 departure one day and my return 18+ hours later. Gas receipts from a station just outside the gates. Easy peasy; just do a little homework.
    Mark J
    Merritt Island, FL

Quote Originally Posted by alanryucius View Post
    Greetings,

To clarify if you select Jacksonville, FL as your starting location you will need to also get a receipt from Charleston, WV.

You are correct that Jax to Bloomsburg isn't 1000 miles which is why we will require the receipt.

You do not need to complete a start witness form however we will witness the end of your ride. Simply get a computer generated start receipt clearly showing the following:

Location (City and State)
    Time and date

That's it. It doesn't even have to be for gas but it must be computer generated and unaltered.

You can start anytime after Saturday July 16 and 11:00 Thursday July 21.

SS1000 starting point

Good morning Alan from Lakeland Fl here. Instead of starting from Jacksonville can I start from Lakeland Fl, go through Charleston and on to the rally?

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    I'm looking at a few along 75 north of 69.

I need to send a scout to get me a receipt then I can lock it in.

Best,

Rob Nye

Any update yet as to the Appleton starting point? Are there any required stops along the way?

I did a map quest routing through Chicago and that comes to a shade under 900 miles, So? will I need to circle the block a couple of times in Bloomsburg to get my odometer to read 1000 miles? should I decide to take that route?

Mel

Any update yet as to the Appleton starting point? Are there any required stops along the way?

I did a map quest routing through Chicago and that comes to a shade under 900 miles, So? will I need to circle the block a couple of times in Bloomsburg to get my odometer to read 1000 miles? should I decide to take that route?

Mel
    Good morning.

For the Appleton starting point riders will be required to get a computer generated receipt from the Express Stop (Sunoco) in Pinconning, MI.

Best,

Rob Nye

Question

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    Good morning.

For the Appleton starting point riders will be required to get a computer generated receipt from the Express Stop (Sunoco) in Pinconning, MI.

Best,

Rob Nye
    Hi Rob

And if I decide to take the southern route via Chicago? Do I just plan a route that is at least 1000 miles?

Is there a receipt requirement at some point of the southern route

Thanks Mel

Hi Rob

And if I decide to take the southern route via Chicago? Do I just plan a route that is at least 1000 miles?

Is there a receipt requirement at some point of the southern route

Thanks Mel
    If you take the southern route you will still need to get a receipt from Pinconning.