Thread: The Bloomsburg 1000

Hybrid View

The Bloomsburg 1000

Greetings,

After much time adjusting details and getting everything *just right* we're ready to open registration for the Bloomsburg 1000.

Presented by the Iron Butt Association the Bloomsburg 1000 is made up of four different rides. Three utilize different starting locations and routes of just over 1000 miles to the rally site in Bloomsburg, PA. Riders can depart anytime after12:01 a.m. Saturday, July 16th and 11:00 a.m. Thursday, July 21 from one of three locations west and south of Bloomsburg: Jacksonville, Florida, Springfield, Missouri, or Appleton, Wisconsin. You have 24 hours to complete the 1,000+ mile to Bloomsburg to be considered a finisher.

The fourth ride is a Saddle Sore that leaves from the rally site at 06:00 Wednesday morning. Riders who are doing the SS1K from the rally are welcome to arrive Tuesday afternoon and get set up. We'll be having a brief rider's meeting and seminar on LD riding tips and techniques Tuesday.

All riders who register for the Bloomsburg 1000 will be invited to the IBA's "pizza party"* scheduled for Friday evening. Finishers will receive their IBA plate backer, sticker and special ride pin at the party.

All this and instant membership in the Iron Butt Association is only $60.

Registration is open, for more please visit Ironbutt Records. You'll need to set up an account which is quick and easy.

* The "Pizza Party" goes back to the early days of the Iron Butt Rally. Every year at Daytona Bike Week finishers of the rally would meet at a secret location (Stavros) for a get together. Over the years this grew into a large gathering for any IBA member and was moved to Jacksonville but the tradition of calling post ride gathering Pizza Parties continues. In Bloomsburg we'll be enjoying fresh pizza prepared locally by a member of the MOA!

Hey Sounds GREAT to me!!

The local Springfield club has 8-10 members who have said they are planning on doing this! I'll forward this link to them Rob.

I think we should get a contest going to see which local club has the most riders enter......

WHAT SAY YOU???
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by 460Jetboat View Post
    Hey Sounds GREAT to me!!

The local Springfield club has 8-10 members who have said they are planning on doing this! I'll forward this link to them Rob.

I think we should get a contest going to see which local club has the most riders enter......

WHAT SAY YOU???
    I think you guys would win a club prize with 10 but who knows.

Registration is open at www.ironbuttrecords.com

the 1000 that leaves from the rally site Sat., is there a set route or do you plan your own route to cover the 1000 miles?

Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    the 1000 that leaves from the rally site Sat., is there a set route or do you plan your own route to cover the 1000 miles?
    It is a set route.

Your certificates will included the cities used for verification on your route. In other words there is a certificate for each starting location and one for the SS1K that leaves the rally site.

The SS1K "corners" will be as follows:

Akron, OH and Wytheville, VAin that order, i.e. Bloomsburg to Akron to Wytheville then back to Bloomsburg.

Is there a brief description of the IBA route starting at Jacksonville without having to set up an account with IBA just to check the route? I'm already an IBA member, but don't want to jump through more hoops just to check a route. And I know its not even 1000 miles to Bloomsburg from where I live about 140 mile south of Jax.

I'm torn between breaking up the trip to the Rally into segments, or doing a SS1000 to get there. The key factor is whether I end up using the bike I've already done a SS ride on, or my other BMW. And what the route will be - I hate Interstates and did my first SS1000 with minimal superslab time. So that's where my questions are coming from.
    Mark J
    Merritt Island, FL

Attn Springfield riders and folks coming in from the west; the Springfield Road Riders have made arrangements for a discounted rate at the Holiday Inn off I 44.

SPRINGFIELD - I-44
    2720 NORTH GLENSTONE AVE SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI 65803 United States
    Hotel Front Desk: 1-417-865 8600 Hotel Fax: 1-417-862 9415

There is a 24hr gas station with good receipts for your start witness.

To get a special rate at the hotel please call the front desk and tell them you are with the Bloomsburg 1000. If they can't find the file the contact is:

Candace Ledbetter
    Executive Meeting Manager
    Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites
    (417) 522-2671 - Direct Line

Rally Site Witness

I was considering leaving from Jacksonville Saturday evening for an early evening arrival at the Rally site. Will there be an IBA office at the site for the witness that day or do we wait until the Rally opens.
    RadRider
    2014 S1000R,2014 R1200GS, 2013 Ural Patrol
    MOA #118928
    IBA # 46323

Rob;

is it necessary for everyone to pre-register online or can they pay at the rally site?

Thanks

Ken Foster IBA#44567
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by 460Jetboat View Post
    Rob;

is it necessary for everyone to pre-register online or can they pay at the rally site?

Thanks

Ken Foster IBA#44567
    Ken,

Sorry but you need to pre-register. The certificates are printed in advance and shipped to the rally. We will not have a way to generate certificates on site.

Good deal Rob....Already registered.
    Thanks for the reply...question was for another clubmember who does not
    "computer".

I'll get him registered. Thanks
    IBA #44567
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by jmirizarry View Post
    I was considering leaving from Jacksonville Saturday evening for an early evening arrival at the Rally site. Will there be an IBA office at the site for the witness that day or do we wait until the Rally opens.
    I will be at the rally site Monday helping with set-up. I'll be camping in the club camping area and running around in a gator (co chair of the 123 - sanitation committee) so if you find me I'll be happy to witness.

Your witness form can be signed by any set-up volunteer but make sure you get their cell phone number in case we audit your ride.

If all goes as planned I should be arriving at Bloomsburg on Sunday, July 17. I will get the timed receipt to document the arrival. Will there be staff at the rally grounds that Sunday night to witness my ride? If not could this be witnessed by someone else like hotel front desk personnel, gas station attendant, etc?
    RadRider
    2014 S1000R,2014 R1200GS, 2013 Ural Patrol
    MOA #118928
    IBA # 46323

Quote Originally Posted by jmirizarry View Post
    If all goes as planned I should be arriving at Bloomsburg on Sunday, July 17. I will get the timed receipt to document the arrival. Will there be staff at the rally grounds that Sunday night to witness my ride? If not could this be witnessed by someone else like hotel front desk personnel, gas station attendant, etc?
    You don't need to get the arrival witness form filled out Sunday night but if you'd like to feel free.

I'll be arriving at the rally by noon Monday. I should be relatively easy to find plus we'll be sending out a final email that will include my cell number.