Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My Fellow Canadians

Certifiable User Mike_Philippens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCKRIDER View Post
    Gangsters, except a few at the top, tend to be young and too stupid to look like young business exec's, I'd wager.
    You've seen too many movies...

Ask a drugs officer on any international airport what kind of people they caught over the years... A couple of months ago a nun (or somebody dressed like one) was caught. People used babies to smuggle drugs (in the little crib), false legs and what not. Criminals don't have big signs over their heads.

If the police was stupid enough to look to people who look like criminals, I'd quit my dayjob and start to make real money as an inconspicuous criminal.
    -=- if you always see the road ahead of you, it's not worth the trip -=-

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jogitu View Post
    What is up with the fruit and vegetable question? Like bugs can't get past that big F'n wall between the countries?
    They're specifically interested in citrus, and not because of the live flies.

Quickie internet search:

Tests were under way Friday on at least 100 bugs that were found inside a FedEx package
    and can be carriers of a deadly citrus bacteria.

The finding this week by a sniff dog in Sacramento is the latest bad news for the state's $1.6 billion
    citrus industry, which has seen the Asian citrus psyllid jump quarantines in San Diego and Imperial counties
    and move into Orange and Los Angeles counties on a march from Mexico.

Psyllids are a carrier of huanlongbing, a deadly bacteria that has devastated citrus industries across China,
    Brazil and Florida, where 200,000 acres of trees have died.
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60

Certifiable User Mike_Philippens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iRene View Post
    Psyllids are a carrier of huanlongbing, a deadly bacteria that has devastated citrus industries across China,
    Brazil and Florida, where 200,000 acres of trees have died.
    That's why they do research on coffeeplants diseases in Spain and Portugal and not in South America...
    -=- if you always see the road ahead of you, it's not worth the trip -=-