Thread: Pinstripping & Graphic Painting Vendors

Pinstripping & Graphic Painting Vendors

This will be my fisrt Rally I've attended. I've heard that there are ususally painters on hand to do pin striping or graphic art applicaitons on our bikes. is this the case and are the lines usually very long to do this. I'd love to do some simple flames on ym fairing body panels.
    Todd
    k75 RTA
    Southbury, CT

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    I've been thinking of a R69S project and am hoping that the guy who did this little beauty will be there. Or if he can't make it, maybe his brother Daryl can. BTW, does anyone know the best way to convert a plunger rear end to a rigid?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Encumbered by employment BouncinBob's Avatar
    While he wasn't painting pictures like that, there was a guy at finger lakes a few years back. He stayed quite busy doing lettering and pinstriping.
    Bouncin Bob Malehorn
    Treasurer - BMWMOA
    Mentor OH
    98 K12RS RIP
    02 K12RS
    03 R1150R Hers
    69 H1

Russ Mowry, who does excellent work, has been at the last few rallies. If he's in Lima (which he probably will be because it's close to his home base in NJ) check in with him early and get yourself scheduled.

Marilyn Roberts
    St. Louis
    R1150R, K75

Encumbered by employment BouncinBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Russ Mowry, who does excellent work, has been at the last few rallies. If he's in Lima (which he probably will be because it's close to his home base in NJ) check in with him early and get yourself scheduled.

Marilyn Roberts
    St. Louis
    R1150R, K75
    Thanks agent 169, I need letter since I exploded the lettered bike last year.
    Bouncin Bob Malehorn
    Treasurer - BMWMOA
    Mentor OH
    98 K12RS RIP
    02 K12RS
    03 R1150R Hers
    69 H1

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncinBob
    Thanks agent 169, I need letter since I exploded the lettered bike last year.
    That is a slight understatement. I think decimated might be better. I am just happy you "walked away."
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

i had russ do my bike at the midland, mi rally. i let him do his thing while i was attending a few seminars and when i came back, i was very happy with what he had done. he stays busy, so i wasn't the only one that appreciated his artistic abilities. i think i spent $250 for all that he did on my bike. he also did my helmet to match what he painted on my bike. i will be looking to get a new r1200rt at the end of this year and i'm hoping that he will be at the vermont rally to do his magic on the new bike.

pete

Rollin in Hot

Cool Pin Striping

I also had my bike detailed by Russ the pin stripes and "nose art" are doing great, no problems and it looks fine. I have seen Russ at Every Rally since then and he seems to enjoy our rally.

Rick" Warbird" K120lt []
    Richard Hansen
    RRBMWMOA #278

Well come on you guys - show us some pics already! (And put my sarcastic a$$ post to shame.)
    Steve-O

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o
    Well come on you guys - show us some pics already! (And put my sarcastic a$$ post to shame.)
    Steve-O
    Oh, you weren't serious? I had all the spec's to do that plunger conversion all ready to post. What a disappointment...
    FatChance Slim
    Pain in the Butte Ranch
    Durango, Colorado

Pix as requested

If this is the Russ everyone is talking about -- here he is working on my K12RS last year. He WAS very busy last year and I actually got in line early on the very first day. I have gotten a number of compliments on the work...

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o
    Steve-O
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NancyK
    07 F650GSLA - Iceberg Silver
    Former Bikes: 97 F650ST Naranjas; 05 R1200ST; 00 K12RS, graphite; 01 F650GS, Titan Blue

NancyK - I'm likin' that Brutus thing. Looks like Russ just might do nice work. I especially dig the bug splats he did around the headlight - very realistic.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Steve