Thread: NY to PA day/overnight ride

Hybrid View

NY to PA day/overnight ride

Hey all:

I am going to be heading to PA this coming Sat (May 28) for a day trip into PA and an overnight stay, then a ride back to Rochester.

I was thinking about the Central PA area. Any suggestions on a ride that would end up in the Mansfield, Williamsport, Brockway, and Bradford areas?

I was thinking a nice ride, maybe some scenic runs, stop somewhere nice for dinner, a small town, somewhere to enjoy a good meal and a glass of wine, rest in a comfy place, get up the next day, get a nice breakfast, and then a nice ride back into NY..

Thoughts?
    Founder,
    Rochester Personal Defense, LLC
    Rochester, NY
    www.safeinrochester.com

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEJENKINS2 View Post
    Hey all:

I am going to be heading to PA this coming Sat (May 28) for a day trip into PA and an overnight stay, then a ride back to Rochester.

I was thinking about the Central PA area. Any suggestions on a ride that would end up in the Mansfield, Williamsport, Brockway, and Bradford areas?

I was thinking a nice ride, maybe some scenic runs, stop somewhere nice for dinner, a small town, somewhere to enjoy a good meal and a glass of wine, rest in a comfy place, get up the next day, get a nice breakfast, and then a nice ride back into NY..

Thoughts?
    White deer Motel, just S of Williamsport is my home base when I travel there, clean mom and pop. Best meal is 10 miles away at Orlandos, in Muncy PA, GREAT food!

Another favorite, but a pub atmosphere is the Bull Frog Brewery in Williamsport.

Next question, how twisty do you like it? Small roads? I know every road N of 80, west of 81, east of Dubois pretty well.

Thanks! I'll look it up....

As for roads, Not highway or two lane like some of 15/11 still is but maybe a step down from that? A nice ride that is scenic but not where you have to focus on the road 100% of the time....

Does that help?

if you like, email me and I can pick your brain more....
    Founder,
    Rochester, NY
    www.safeinrochester.com

What about a bit further South? I'd like to make a bit of a loop somewhere and stop a little more than halfway.....
    Founder,
    Rochester, NY
    www.safeinrochester.com

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEJENKINS2 View Post
    Thanks! I'll look it up....

As for roads, Not highway or two lane like some of 15/11 still is but maybe a step down from that? A nice ride that is scenic but not where you have to focus on the road 100% of the time....

Does that help?

if you like, email me and I can pick your brain more....
    let me mark up a map, I go for the tight and twisty stuff, but there is lots of more meandering roads and some great views.

I would suggest staying someplace in Wellsboro. http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...ro_vacations-i
    There many good roads off rt 6 no matter east or west.
    Check for the hotels ahead. The gas business has many places booked. Watch out for those big trucks
    tony
    We're not here for a long time
    We're here for a good time HUEY LEWIS

2007 R1200RT, 2003 F650CS

Steve
    If you go to the Rally forum I've posted a slew of great routes in both Garmin and Google form.