Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VIDEO: Streetmasters Precision Cornering Workshop

Thumbs up Streetmasters Motorcycle Workshops

Quote Originally Posted by b52g View Post
    Wow, we need one of those here on the right hand coast!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OCJIMMY View Post
    I've taken the course and wholeheartedly endorse it. You will be a better rider as a result of it.
    I couldn't agree more Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Boxwrench View Post
    I need that course. I am still uncomfortable w/ quick sharp cornering and sighting the curve at speed.
    Most times I slow down and take it slower than I could.
    Also still not comfortable w/ my top heavy feeling BMW in a steep lean.
    I, too, suffered from those "afflictions" - especially after being out of the saddle for 20+ years. Six months after I bought the RT, Walt Fulton persuaded me to take his course and 20 years of bad habits almost vanished in an afternoon.
    I practice the Streetmasters skills every time I throw a leg over the bike and I am getting better and better, 23K miles later.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    if only I wasn't 3000 miles away...................
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Looks like an awesome course!
    I was with Walt Fulton this afternoon and he thanks you all for the kind words after I read him some of the replies.
    He stated that, if he could find the right facility somewhere on the right side of the U.S., he would bring a Streetmasters class out there.
    Keep your fingers crossed that, someday, it could become a reality.....

For more info on the Streetmasters Motorcycle Workshops, I have posted the class schedules for 2012 in the "Member Opportunities" section of this forum.
    Last edited by Turkus; 01-22-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Bruce
    MOA#147760/AMA#228900
    www.streetmasters.info

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Turkus View Post
    I couldn't agree more Jim

I, too, suffered from those "afflictions" - especially after being out of the saddle for 20+ years. Six months after I bought the RT, Walt Fulton persuaded me to take his course and 20 years of bad habits almost vanished in an afternoon.
    I practice the Streetmasters skills every time I throw a leg over the bike and I am getting better and better, 23K miles later.

I was with Walt Fulton this afternoon and he thanks you all for the kind words after I read him some of the replies.
    He stated that, if he could find the right facility somewhere on the right side of the U.S., he would bring a Streetmasters class out there.
    Keep your fingers crossed that, someday, it could become a reality.....

For more info on the Streetmasters Motorcycle Workshops, I have posted the class schedules for 2012 in the "Member Opportunities" section of this forum.
    Not sure what your course requirements and financial outlay is, but consider the Road America facility in Elkhart Lake, WI ( http://www.roadamerica.com/School/Motorcycle.asp I instruct MSF courses there (BRC, BRC2, Scooter BRC) and we've hosted Pridmore in the past.

Might be worth looking into - if you need a contact person, PM me and I'll provide details.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.)
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer,THE REF Staff)
    Iron Butt Association Member # 34281

Streetmasters

I'm in my 50th year of riding and without recording them I'd say somewhere approaching 500k miles. I have taken several MSF courses; priviledged to ride with the late Lawrence Grodsky of Stayin' Safe along Coast Hwy 1 in California.

And, I have taken 2 of these Streetmasters classes plus spent a day-long ride with Walt Fulton. I highly recommend this course for those who want to freshen up their riding skills and safety knowledge. Very practical, hands-on, lots of miles, good instruction AND when you ride home it will be a different ride!

I strongly recommend such a class for the experienced rider and I try to complete one every couple of years.
    -pp Long Distance Motorcycle Adventurer
    '00 GS w/ >165K miles; '07 RT w/ >140K miles

LD blog: www.ppldma.com

Possible location outside Washington DC

Another possible location is Bill Scott Raceway, located near Winchester, VA (about 75 miles west of Washington DC).

I am not affiliated with them in any way, but have taken a couple of automobile driving courses at this location.

The website is:

www.bsr-inc.com

Thanks,
    Piperjim

'95 R1100RS
    '61 John Deere 3010 LP