Thread: Ohlins Q

Question Ohlins Q

Just about to install a set of Ohlins on my 2000 R11RT, but as we looked at the shocks today we noticed that the spanner doesn't "exactly" fit the notches in the adjusting wheel on the front shock. In other words, if you hook either end of the wrench into one of the detents in the wheel, the hook on the other end of the wrench doesn't quite reach to the nearest detent.

Does that make sense? Shouldn't both ends of the wrench simultaneously fit the notches in the adjusting wheels?

What up?
    _
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by 26667 View Post
    Just about to install a set of Ohlins on my 2000 R11RT, but as we looked at the shocks today we noticed that the spanner doesn't "exactly" fit the notches in the adjusting wheel on the front shock. In other words, if you hook either end of the wrench into one of the detents in the wheel, the hook on the other end of the wrench doesn't quite reach to the nearest detent.

Does that make sense? Shouldn't both ends of the wrench simultaneously fit the notches in the adjusting wheels?

What up?
    _
    No that is correct, some applications don't have enough access to either work from both sides, of take a full swing to grab the next groove, so the 2nd tooth lets you use it as a 2 way wrench (push or pull) and if accessible on both sides of the ring, and clearance is limited to swing, lets you go a half notch at a time. (push, rotate, pull)

thanx. makes perfect sense now!
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?