Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Helmets, fog and cash

Helmets, fog and cash

Rode 350 miles to Canada on Friday and 350 back today in the rain, all the way. My HJC IS-Max continually fogged as I exhaled. If I vented, I got wet, If I closed tight - on came the fog. Short of not breathng I could not find a solution.

?? for you Shuberth, Arai, Shoei, et.al. owners. Do the high line helmets (or any others) do a better job, or totally prevent the exhale then fog routine?

I have a nolan 102 and it came with a pinlocK system. The new shurbarth C3 also has it. This system works to eliminate fog. I have had cases where my glasses fogged, but not the visor.
    2013 Triumph Trophy
    2007 R1200RT Broken driveshaft @ 54,000 miles. Come on BMW!
    2000 R1100rt sold @ 72,000 Great Bike!
    Iron Butt #24605

Pinlock is available for your helmet

Google it - expect to cough up $70 or so. Works well in even the worst rain/fog/fogging conditions.

I have an Arai RX-Q helmet and yes the shield fogs up. If you open the chin bar vent open all the way it does help a little. Never tried the pinlock, but from what I've heard that seems to be the way to go. Regardless of helmet make.
    Skip
    '82 R100
    '05 Stella

I have an Arai, it fogs. I'm going to invest in the pinlock next winter. Don't quite need it now.
    John.

Rally Rat
    I have a Scorpion EXO700 (my 3rd) and their shields do not fog.

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Yes, Arai and other fog, Pin Lock seems the only good solution, now If I could keep my glasses fog free, even cat crap is only marginally effective.

Richard - Weak Sauce Tour 6.1 - was wet yesterday - Kyle came up from NJ - but Andrew, Paul and I rode 5 hrs. in the rain & fog - I think we breath to much - I guess it's the down side to wearing glasses in the rain - one good thing - I washed my jacket & pants !
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

+1000 on the Pinlock. Have had it on my Shoei Rf-1000 for years and it has never failed me. Google "HJC Pinlock" or "Pinlock HJC" and you're good to go. They are model specific, so be sure you get the Pinlock-ready shield and insert(s) for your specific lid.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaasu View Post
    I have a Scorpion EXO700 (my 3rd) and their shields do not fog.
    Disagree, and I have three or four of them too.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

11. 05-16-2011, 04:44 PM

my HJC

I've got the HJC white full-face with the pinlock faceshield.

It's monogrammed, too, since those are my initials

I've also got an Arai full-face Profile in white.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

E_Page
    My Shoei Multitec fogs up bad too. I'll get the pinlock system before next winter. but first I have to get through this winter. Had 6" of snow at my house in the CA foothills yeterday. It was almost 90 degrees less than two weeks ago.

Motorradfahrer
    Get a Fog City Shield Fog Insert for less than $20 at one of several online Moto gear dealers. Indysuperbikes to name one. They work very well.

Schuberth C3

Quote Originally Posted by cycl2day View Post
    Rode 350 miles to Canada on Friday and 350 back today in the rain, all the way. My HJC IS-Max continually fogged as I exhaled. If I vented, I got wet, If I closed tight - on came the fog. Short of not breathng I could not find a solution.

?? for you Shuberth, Arai, Shoei, et.al. owners. Do the high line helmets (or any others) do a better job, or totally prevent the exhale then fog routine?
    My Shuberth does not fog. Rode in this morning in the rain without a problem. I had an HJC SyMaxII and it always fogged up even when I tried to use a defogger.
    "Keep the rubber side down"

Bob T
    I recently got a new HJC with the pinlock visor...it does work well, but I find the two layers of plastic to be noticeable. I wear glasses and that makes three layers of material to effect my vision.

I also have an issue with my glasses fogging, but I am trying out some stuff called FogTech which, so far, has worked very well...you can get it here: http://www.fogtech.com/

It is billed as being safe for helmet visors, glasses, any plastic or coated lenses...

Good luck!