Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to register?

Do you have anyone with Bar Code experience?
    Please elaborate on how you propose they be used? Who pays for or provides the equipment to read them? Would it require overhauling other processes for compatibility? What's the backup plan if it malfunctions? How does the time saved at one point of the process jibe against time added at other points? Not trying to give you guff, just curious.

I used to work with a guy who thought that everything is better through higher technology. Some things yes but not all things, and ya gotta know *how much* technology to apply.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

IWannaGoFaster - Forever
    Gee, that was received well.

Yes, often low tech is more effective than the latest high tech.

With that in mind, I believe I will go with the no tech and skip the pre-reg.

hey

Come on guys, why can't we all get along?

MG
    WVCajun - Location meets Heritage!
    2006 R1200GS Fast Silver
    2004 K1200GT Orient Blue - I miss her.
    1977 R100RS Mystic Blue - I miss her.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Actually the BAr Code idea makes a lot of sense, but IIRC there are no computers at registration it is still paperwork. It is definitely something to consider.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

To PreRegister or NOT to PreRegister....

".............. that is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler to ........um ...... " sigh. Shakespere is rolling over in his grave.

That being said, here are some thoughts:

1) If you pre-register, you save $5. That is 2.5 more Micro-brews in the beer garden.

2) AT THE RALLY - If you register at a busy time, you will have to wait in a line. Sorry.

3) If you volunteer to help in registration, YOU might be able to help speed up the registration process for the next guy. (Always looking for volunteers...)

4) We are always trying to come up with ideas to speed up the registration process. If you think you have a good idea, please email me with the plan. Include what equipment would be needed, how to implement your plan, a cost projection, training requirements for the volunteers and the attendees, etc.

With a membership of 38,000, we know there are folks out there who might have better ideas --- and we are open to hearing them.

The MOA office staff, the rally registration team, and the current and future rally chairmen are open to good suggestions. Bring 'em on!

Thanks everyone!

Sue Rihn-Manke
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

IWannaGoFaster - Forever

Pre-reg or.....

No computers, from lack of power (or presence of rain) shoots the bar code thing in the foot.
    In that case Jestine's post of using a print out is the best. Break them into as many "books" as you have volunteer's, or lines you have room for.

And OK, you've convinced me on the pre-reg.

Diehly

Pre-register

I've been to functions with Pre-registration packets ready for the masses by last name............A-E, F-K, L-P,............and so on..........
    She got George Thorogood, and she'll make registration a blast. Sue rocks!!!

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Standing in line just gives you another chance to talk motorcycles with people. It ain't all bad.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride