Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great chicken rally in alabama is on

Quote Originally Posted by kgadley01 View Post
    This will be my 3rd Chicken Rally (in a row) If you're on the fence about attending, You really need to consider it. This is a well organized Rally with great food, music, area riding, and fellowship. If I could do only one Rally per year, this would be it.
    Thanks for the kind words Kenny. Looking forward to seeing you guys! Things are coming together nicely for our rally this year. Connie has done another fantastic job! See you all at the rally!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

This will be our first Chicken Rally and we're really looking forward to it! I just hope Ted fills some more tents, or I may have to find somewhere down there to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by clowry View Post
    This will be our first Chicken Rally and we're really looking forward to it! I just hope Ted fills some more tents, or I may have to find somewhere down there to buy one.
    Don't sweat it. I'm coming down even if it's just one tent. I never leave any reservation hanging.
    Camping guy

2009 MOA Rally Co-Chair
    Connie Reaves here. Great Chicken Rally chair.

We advertise BMW riders and their guests are welcome. Essentially yes, all bikes. We haven't ever turned away anyone and don't plan to. If you don't currently own a BMW and you are on this list, please feel free to come, you are as welcome as the rest.
    I might should qualify that a bit. Once, a large (around 16 to 18) group of "other brand" bikes showed up, told us that someone down the road told them about the rally. We DID turn them down. They had no BMW affiliation at all, the bikes were very loud on arrival, their only questions were about whether we sold beer and several very crude remarks were made about a pretty young lady working at our registration table. I told them very nicely that this rally was for BMW riders and their guests only.

On other questions, I have received over 200 e-mails inquiring about the recent tornado damages AND the current flooding news.

1. Our rally site was untouched byt the storms, the rally is on, all is well. We will take donations for the tornado victims at the rally whether it be money, food, hygiene products, baby products, clothing, toys for kids who've lost everything, or whatever else anyone might want to contribute.

2. Most know our rally site is on the river. Some do not realize it's the TENNESSEE river and the current flooding problems are on the Mississippi river. So there are no current flooding problems either.

Hopefully there wil be no more weather events in the next couple of weeks !!

Thanks for all the nice compliments on our rally. This is our 23rd year and we do try very hard to make it the best value of any rally out there, for your money.
    You can't hardly even stay home for four days and only spend $45. It's our main goal to try to make sure everyone has fun.

If you're coming I HIGHLY suggest using Sherpa Mayberry's services. What easier way to camp than to come without that load on your bike, walk into a comfortable set up, and leave it to be picked up after you at the end of the week. Not to mention the other amenities he provides during the week, right at your fingertips.
    www.sherpamayberry.com No, I don't get a kickback !!!

Any other questions, please email rally@bmwmoal.org as I don't get much time to come here and check due to getting this "party" together. You can check our website for most answers. www.bmwmoal.org

Thanks again folks and I can't wait to see ya'll !!!!!
    Connie

Bump for a great Rally!!!
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

2009 MOA Rally Co-Chair
    One thing that didn't make our rally ad, is we are going to have demo bikes there this year. It's been a few years since we had that so I'm excited.

Sorry, I don't know which bikes will be there.

We have a new Dealer opening up in the Birmingham, Ala area in June. They will be there answering questions, giving out small free gifts, and doing tires and service work. They will be Red Mountain Motorsports, so look for them !!!!!!!!!

Pandoras BMW from Chattanooga will be there with the Demo bikes.

We will have several other vendors also.

1800 pounds of chicken ordered so come hungry. 400 pounds of pork for BBQ on Thursday night.

The G650 GS we are raffling will be there for folks to look ( not sure if its one of the demo bikes or not). Want tickets, can't be there? You have about two more days to get them by mail/internet. Rally@bmwmoal.org for info on that.

TODAY is the last day for pre-registration, but no worries, we have enough room for everyone so come on.

Rally site still damage free. Flooding is on the MIssissippi river not the Tennessee river where we are.

Okay, that about covers all the questions I've been getting by e-mail.
    Oh yeah, one more................yes, we have mosquitos in the south. But the campground sprays ahead of time and they usually aren't bad at all, but bring spray just in case. My choice..........clear vanilla extract. Been using 20 years and it works, is all natural, and smells better, also will not stain clothes so you can put a little on your clothes too if you tend to get bit through your clothing like I do. HAHA guess the skeeters find me scrumptious.

Connie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bamabmw View Post
    Oh yeah, one more................yes, we have mosquitos in the south.
    LOL.... do I get credit for asking that one?

Seriously, thanks for the tip on the vanilla. I haye using DEET and melting my sleeping bag!
    Two Wheel Oklahoma
    It's like a TV show, but on TV.