Thread: Newbie Here

Newbie Here

I just started street riding a year ago after my last kid graduated from college. After 20 years of dirt riding I finally gave in to an urge I have had for a very long time.
    I have been riding a V-Strom DL1000 as my first street bike but I just knew there was a BMW in my future. Well, my future happened faster than I though and I just bought a 2006 R1200RT. I drove Volkswagens for years and there is just something about a Boxer engine, quirky as it may be, that has always attracted me.
    I don't know it for sure, but I think I have found my brand for life.
    Best in class brakes and headlights were part of the reason I chose a BMW along with the overall fit and finish of German vehicles. I also plan on heading from California up to Montana and Wyoming and up into Southern Canada someday and this ride will do it. I also like to scrape the pegs when I get the opportunity and this seems like the right bike for that. My V-Strom is 60 lbs lighter wet than the R12 but the R12 honestly seems lighter than the V-Strom.

My bike has the stereo but no aux input cable. Before I pull the stereo to see, does anybody know if there is and what/where the cable is I need to buy for it.

Thanks,

You sound like me. Don't know what it is about the boxer, but I love that motor. Welcome to the world of BMW and welcome to the BMOA. Next you need to get prepared for some nice long road trips. Your BMW will thank you for them. And you will thank yourself.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!