Thread: 8 mo. lurker finally had to join

8 mo. lurker finally had to join

FNG here.

I purchased a 2004 R1150RT last August after having been off a bike for about 15 years. Prior to this purchase I had owned several bikes, but got off in order to raise a young'un. She goes off to college in the fall, so now her mom and I have time for our own interests.

To prepare for the experience, I spent a great deal of time lurking in several forums (msta, Bmwsporttouring andhere) both to learn about the bikes as well as the community. I finally decided to get off my lazy butt and start to participate. I look forward to meeting and interacting with you all, at the very least via the forum and hopefully on the road somewhere/sometime.

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar
    Congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the MOA. I think you'll find there are a lot of riders here with similar backgrounds, ride for a while, kid(s) raising hiatus & then back to riding.
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."

Mr. Mixer, 'bout time! Seriously, welcome. How's it feel to be back on two wheels?

(Hiya Moose!)
    Susan
    '03 F650CS "tink" (sold)
    ÔÇ£City girl who adapts well for short periods of time." J. Bainbridge (Idaho boy)
    "The highways of life are full of flat squirrels who couldn't make up their minds.." Unknown

Unorthodox Methods
    Glad to have you aboard.

I got back into riding after a 20 year layoff last April. Rode my R1100RS until December when I upgraded to a 2004 R1150RT. I've ridden that one 11150 miles since 12/26. Feel like I'm not getting enough riding in. Maybe I can take a whole day this weekend, but it's my wife's 50th soooooo maybe NEXT weekend.

Welcome aboard, there can never be enough 04 R-1150-RT members.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by sudani View Post
    Mr. Mixer, 'bout time! Seriously, welcome. How's it feel to be back on two wheels?

(Hiya Moose!)
    While I think your 'about time' referenced my registration here, it really applies to my getting back on the bike. I can't believe I maintained any sort of sanity during the period of not riding. MAN I MISSED IT!!!!!

My story is similar, went without a bike for 13 years, thought I'd go nuts every spring when I could hear someone accelerate up the road as I wished it were me. Now my oldest son (21) has his own bike, and the youngest (16) is saving for one. Looking forward to riding with my boys as they are learning riding skills and also do some weekend get aways with their mom (my wife of 24 yrs). We'll be at the International Rally this year, hope to get the boys out for Camp Gears as well.

Welcome to the club, enjoy your RT, when I get old I might trade in the "S" for one of those.............
    john1691
    2006 KTM 950 Super Moto

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mixer View Post
    While I think your 'about time' referenced my registration here, it really applies to my getting back on the bike. I can't believe I maintained any sort of sanity during the period of not riding. MAN I MISSED IT!!!!!
    You had a teen age daughter, right? We understand.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves