Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 306

Thread: Dating Forum Anyone?

  1. #91
    Registered User WI Sharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Posts
    110
    [QUOTE=sudani;672381]Cool, Sharon! You get the under 50 beers and I'll have the over 50 beers! Deal??



    Deal! I'll be the sober one though.

    PS: isn't that Bob in the kissing booth?

    Sharon
    Sharon - WI Club
    1999 R1100R
    1973 R60/5
    2014 - sold the sidecars and my super short GS! Need to buy a 700GS Twin

  2. #92
    Registered User tourunigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,290
    [QUOTE=wisernest;672526]
    Quote Originally Posted by sudani View Post
    Cool, Sharon! You get the under 50 beers and I'll have the over 50 beers! Deal??



    Deal! I'll be the sober one though.

    PS: isn't that Bob in the kissing booth?

    Sharon
    ... on the right .... nope ... although it could be a bit of fun (but maybe you mean another Bob) Not under 50 though .... sigh. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

  3. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Garland Tx.
    Posts
    224
    Sharon,

    If I was able to make it then it would be 3. Since I can not make it best I can do.


    [QUOTE=Unmarried men under 50 can buy me a beer at the Bloomsburg rally. So that should be what - 2 beers?

    Sharon[/QUOTE]
    Mack McDonald
    Garland, Tx.
    04 1150 GSA

  4. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Whitefish Bay, WI, 3mi N Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,604

    Question What is the big deal?

    Before Facebook, Twitter, My Space, and in the primitive stages of the internet, I saw an ad in a national boating magazine under "Wanted" ( I am paraphrasing):

    "I am a young 51 years young, recently widowed, looking to be the first mate on a boat either sail or power. I love being on the water and have 22 years of boating experience".

    I do not see any harm is offering a place for people to hook up. They can use PM's, emails etc, to pursue (or not) their interests.
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

  5. #95
    rocketman
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ultracyclist View Post
    Before Facebook, Twitter, My Space, and in the primitive stages of the internet, I saw an ad in a national boating magazine under "Wanted" ( I am paraphrasing):

    "I am a young 51 years young, recently widowed, looking to be the first mate on a boat either sail or power. I love being on the water and have 22 years of boating experience".

    I do not see any harm is offering a place for people to hook up. They can use PM's, emails etc, to pursue (or not) their interests.
    I don't think its a matter of there being any "harm" in it, just a matter of what the intent of this site is. Being everything to all just isn't going to add any value that I can see. Esp when you consider there are so many places where meeting up IS the intended purpose. And as you said, that was before there were other options so that seems a somewhat different set of circumstances.
    RM

  6. #96
    From MARS
    Guest
    Why doesn't someone just start a thread "Looking for" and see where it goes?

    Sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

    Tom

  7. #97
    God? What god? roborider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,059
    So we can't get a subforum dedicated to non BMW bikes but we can start a dating forum???
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

  8. #98
    Benchwrenching PGlaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    "Big Bend" TX
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    I don't think its a matter of there being any "harm" in it, just a matter of what the intent of this site is. Being everything to all just isn't going to add any value that I can see. Esp when you consider there are so many places where meeting up IS the intended purpose. And as you said, that was before there were other options so that seems a somewhat different set of circumstances.
    RM
    It comes down to odds. Let's assume a member is looking for a person and a key criterion is that the person rides a motorcycle. Say a BMW motorcycle.

    So are the odds of finding a person of a given age range of the appropriate gender that is single, interesting, and interested, who rides a BMW motorcycle better on this site than on match.com or bikersanonymous.net or whatever? I don't know.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

  9. #99
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Let's assume a member is looking for a person and a key criterion is that the person rides a motorcycle. Say a BMW motorcycle.

    Is said person heading in a good direction???

    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

  10. #100
    Registered User WI Sharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    It comes down to odds. Let's assume a member is looking for a person and a key criterion is that the person rides a motorcycle. Say a BMW motorcycle.

    So are the odds of finding a person of a given age range of the appropriate gender that is single, interesting, and interested, who rides a BMW motorcycle better on this site than on match.com or bikersanonymous.net or whatever? I don't know.
    Hey Paul, I tried searching on the match.com online dating site for BMW and it doesn't work. They are always talking about cars! Or why they don't have a BMW.
    That's why I have more than one bike.

    I thought the real reason of this site was to promote BMW's and encourage future riders. (This next part is totally meant in jest) but say two riders end up hooking up, getting married and produce children aka future riders....

    I'm just saying.
    Sharon - WI Club
    1999 R1100R
    1973 R60/5
    2014 - sold the sidecars and my super short GS! Need to buy a 700GS Twin

  11. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Whitefish Bay, WI, 3mi N Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,604

    Thumbs up Thank you Paul Glaves

    People do seek a commonality is all that I was trying to say.

    In the words of my father: "People defy the laws of physics. In physics, opposites attract. With people, like attracts like. Sharp people will attract other sharp people. Ding bats will attract ding bats".
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Currently bikeless, but looking hard! "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

  12. #102
    Registered User easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Kerr County, Texas
    Posts
    997
    "Whenever I date a guy, I think, is this the man I want my children to spend their weekends with?" -- Rita Rudner

    E
    Last edited by Easy; 04-20-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added funny face, too many people take me serious...

  13. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Is said person heading in a good direction???

    More importantly, can they do the box on the BRC/ERC?

  14. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern KY
    Posts
    3,183
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    I think it would be stretching the purpose of this forum beyond what I believe is appropriate.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! go to match.com if you want a partner!

  15. #105
    BMW FanBoi drw2ge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    540
    at least on Match.Com they check out the person against the national sexual predator list!! Th at's a PLUS.


    (Personally I don't care in the least if they had a dating forum on here..)
    Phil W2GE
    2010 R1200RT 2011 Husqvarna TE310 'Woods-Weapon'
    New Sweden BMW Riders
    iPhone5-> Zumo 660->SENA SMH10, Nuvi 500,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •