Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Dating Forum Anyone?

advrider.com
    Leave it to the MOA forum to have a mind-numbing discussion of the pros and cons of a dating thread.

26 year old single white male here with a degree in "rocket science" and a garage of beat-up old motorcycles. Ladies, control yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    Leave it to the MOA forum to have a mind-numbing discussion of the pros and cons of a dating thread.

26 year old single white male here with a degree in "rocket science" and a garage of beat-up old motorcycles. Ladies, control yourselves.
    Ah come one. The choices are a mind numbing conversation here, the 'Nothing Thread' or just wait in silence for the pshyc eval of the word association thread.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    Ah come one. The choices are a mind numbing conversation here, the 'Nothing Thread' or just wait in silence for the pshyc eval of the word association thread.
    Funny!

Old Folks Jam

80 year old male here looking for 80 year female with her own motorcycle, please send picture of motorcycle.
    Gene T

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sudani View Post
    So change the thread title to something else; possibly "interested singles" or "singles meet ups". Whatever.

My thoughts are simply it's just not worth a pissing match, Lynn. If you don't agree with the premise, don't participate.
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

There are all sorts of dating websites... but there is not one that is geared to those who are single BMW motorcycle riders who are looking for someone who has the same interest... Yes, there are many local clubs, rides, rallies, and so forth that are put one where one can attend and meet many nice and interesting folks... If I happen to meet someone... I don't ask their relationship status... if they are married.. looking.. or so forth... and I don't mention that I am available and etc... I enjoy having nice conversations and meeting nice folks... I think it would simply be nice for an online site if it is on here or someone started one elsewhere where there are singles who are looking for someone of same interest... I am sure that this idea was not brought up to try to go beyond the guidelines of this forum...it was just a thought one had come up with that happened to voice their thought... I have thought about this for many years... wouldn't it be nice to have a dating website... singles website of folks who have a big passion for riding a BMW motorcycle...I would love to share the passion I have for my motorcycle with someone who has the same passion as me and it would be awesome to know that there is a place where I can go and talk to other folks who are single who has same passion as me. As like all other topics, there are going to be people that are for it... and people that are against it.

If a singles section happens, I would be for having it as paid for a small fee where only those have password subscription access... those who are interested can have access and those who are not interested will not even know it existed... and it wouldn't be in violation of the forums.
    Bye bye 2006 F650 GS for a 2011 F650 GS.

post # 276 ? wouldn't that work? BMW Singles on FB.

I don't think we have the tools to have a password single only area. It's one of those things that maybe other sub-groups would want as well and we are about community, not exclusivity. And who would police who is single or not ? I don't care who is or isn't ...but some might.

Still just thinking on screen here
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

vBulletin saves us from taxation on the possible outcome of mind numbing conversation. A victory for free speech and the right to gather in public on the forum.

Oops...almost got political Sorry
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

..and she rides too

Originally Posted by leesrt
    I'm looking for a woman who is independant, makes plenty money, and is hot. .........
    Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post
    Sorry I got the last one of them 30 years ago, and she rides too.
    No, you didn't. I'm still out here. Although my bike may be more hot than I am at this point but I guess that's a matter of opinion. I think I'm still pretty hot. Riding a R1150R now instead of the R65. As someone who is new to riding said to me at a recent rally "My, you have a lot of miles on you, don't you!" Ha, ha, more than you know!

catch me if you can! vroom, vroom

rapunzel (who wouldn't mind being caught........... by the right guy)

Participation on this thread and online dating

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    I have no plans or any reason to participate.
    You already are participating.....

snip, snip

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    I am not against someone finding a SO that likes to ride motorcycles. I just question if the MOA is the correct agency to make that happen. Surely a local BMW club or a formal online dating service for bikers is better suited for the logistics of this sort of thing.
    This is going to sound a bit cranky, so I apologize in advance. I have to ask, have you ever done the online dating gig? It's no picnic. There are a lot of unsavory people in the world and winnowing those out is a lot of work and it can be a real downer. Something like 30+% of people on online dating services are married. Real nice statistic to deal with.... Running into that time and again just stinks. Having done the online dating thing in the past I am at the point where that is NOT a path I choose to pursue. I've concluded that it's better to be alone than deal with all the crackpots out there. And the dating service for bikers, is just that - for bikers (read H-D riders and poseurs) not BMW enthusiasts. Having a place for single BMW enthusiasts to meet and get to know one another within the MOA is a wonderful idea to me. One at least gets to meet new riding pals and that alone is worthwhile. Having that in the Campfire area of the forum works fine. I'm also gonna go check out the new FB page that has just been created for us single Beemerphiles.

I find it really interesting that this particular thread lay dormant for about a year and has woken up again just this month. I've had a lot of good laughs reading the thread and some good food for thought. Thanks everyone! Now I need to go get something meaningful (?) accomplished for the rest of the day!

rapunzel

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    I find it really interesting that this particular thread lay dormant for about a year and has woken up again just this month....
    rapunzel
    Possibly because posters finally gave up on complaining about the Sedalia rally and are now back discussing a dating forum...
    Dick
    R1200GS '08
    "Hey, where you goin'?" "Nowhere in particular." "Man, I wish I was you." "Well, Hang in there..."

Agree With NE

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    You already are participating.....

snip, snip

This is going to sound a bit cranky, so I apologize in advance. I have to ask, have you ever done the online dating gig? It's no picnic. There are a lot of unsavory people in the world and winnowing those out is a lot of work and it can be a real downer. Something like 30+% of people on online dating services are married. Real nice statistic to deal with.... Running into that time and again just stinks. Having done the online dating thing in the past I am at the point where that is NOT a path I choose to pursue. I've concluded that it's better to be alone than deal with all the crackpots out there. And the dating service for bikers, is just that - for bikers (read H-D riders and poseurs) not BMW enthusiasts. Having a place for single BMW enthusiasts to meet and get to know one another within the MOA is a wonderful idea to me. One at least gets to meet new riding pals and that alone is worthwhile. Having that in the Campfire area of the forum works fine. I'm also gonna go check out the new FB page that has just been created for us single Beemerphiles.

I find it really interesting that this particular thread lay dormant for about a year and has woken up again just this month. I've had a lot of good laughs reading the thread and some good food for thought. Thanks everyone! Now I need to go get something meaningful (?) accomplished for the rest of the day!

rapunzel
    rapunzell, You don't sound cranky at all, I am now a widower for 2 1/2 years, I am old (80) and I still ride. I was seeking companionship, not love, not sex. I tried several dating services, the ladies that weren't full of BS just plain scared me to death. I ask y'all seriously, at my age can you imagine going night cubing??? A dance possibly yes, diner and a few drinks great, quiet times all right, World traveler, hiking, skying, and night clubbing I don't think so. Besides all the good looking chicks were 40 years younger than me.
    Gene T

Rapunzel,

Earlier I posted , questioning the dating forum here. But questioning means perhaps i can be swayed . And you do make some good points. Let's face it, dating anytime after high school can be a challenge.

I was just cautioning the OP, against rushing things in his own case. And that's really none of my business . It's just that with the phony's & liars that you noted, and those with all the [what i call baggage] ....I just sometimes doubt it's worth it

Ron

advrider.com
    Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Let's face it, dating anytime after high school can be a challenge.
    It was easy in high school?!

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    It was easy in high school?!
    Seems too me when I was younger , it easier in general Or maybe i was just more enthusiastic